Thursday, May 17, 2012

Disco Queen, R.I.P.


Ah, you know, I gotta tell you I used to not like Donna Summer at all.

But this weird thing with a lot of songs from the radio that I used to now like over time many of them have become nostalgic for me and I appreciate them.

I think this song "I Feel Love" is absolutely brilliant. It went right over my head when I heard it originally...and I was listening to The Clash, Bruce springsteen, Elvis Costello, Sex Pistols, Blondie, Squeeze, Rockpile...

Now I see this song as so avant guarde and ahead of its time...it's as if Ravers and Techno alien DJs entered Summers body and performed this brilliant music a decade or two early. And I don't think I've ever seena  clip of her performing (outside of her rock videos days). She is a true goddess. I love how she moves in this video compelling, magic jellyfish beauty in motion.

1 comment:

X. Dell said...

Bad year for musicians. My personal soundtrack is dying all around me.

So sad. But I know she suffered. Perhaps she's finally at peace.

generated by sloganizer.net