Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sunday #14

So many crazy errands to do. Got plate sticker done and that is good. Yesterday I saw an accident. No one hurt. I was second on the scene as the young mother pulled her baby out of the car. Car hit side rail right by 31st Street. Four tailgaters and I ran to her car. I got the mum and baby a blanket to wrap around them. And a teddy bear out of her car for the baby. We unloaded her car once we saw she was okay. These football fans were amazing. So attendant to the mum. We all waited till the rescue trams arrive and the tow truck. I refused to leave her side. The guys told her not to be afraid and just when the cops come to just answer their questions. Find out of the baby needs to go to hospital. We never said anything out loud...and I don't want to project onto other people something I was thinking to myself...there was no way in hell I was leaving that young mum and her baby on the Lake Shore Drive at 31st Street. The cops talked to us, they asked me what I saw and then said I was free to go. I took a good long look at the cop, and I said, I'm staying for moral support. I looked him hard in the eye. The football guys had left earlier and I told them I would get her home if I had to. The tow truck came, the cops talked to the the young mum, the driver. Another cop said I could go and I said no I'm going to at least drive her off this highway after the car is towed. The two fire trucks blocked my car from the oncoming traffic until we all go safely into my car with the car seat. The second cop looked at my plates and said, "Uh, you know you're expired here?" I said "I know, I'm getting emissions test tomorrow morning and sticker after". He said, "Just wanted to let you know". Then the tree of us drove off...and I took her home. No way I was leaving a young black woman alone with cops. And thats the world we live in. I always say hi to cops. After all...I am one of their employers. We pay their wages and we should be friendly to people we hire. We should watch their activity since we pay their wages. Think about it. I don't know if I will ever recover from Sandra Blands murder....but I know what to do about it. Watch our community. Go forward humble and compassionate. ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net