Friday, February 22, 2019

Hanging Out With McCarthy Group

I've had trouble posting on my blog for the last couple weeks and I'm quite surprised this post worked finally! I couldn't load pics. Here is a photo of a roundtable in the McCarthy section of conference. "Revisiting McCarthy At The Border". From left to right, Rick Wallach, Allen Josephs, Katherine Sugg, and Wallis R. Sanborn III.
Rick Wallach introducing another session called ""McCarthy and Mexico". Seated Christian Carter, Katherine Sugg and Allen Josephs. Their presentations were titled "An Economy of Violence: Saltillo Prison Capitalism and Carcinal Arbitrariness" by Carter. And.."The Horror of Mexico in McCarthy and Bolano" by Sugg.
Allen Josephs and our new friend James. James and I found ourselves at all the Indigenous panels. And then he showed up at McCarthy panels. The rest is history! These two with Stagg and I went out for (lackluster unfortunately) French food on our last evening. There are at least 8 French restaurants in Albuquerque...and Stagg really wanted to start checking them out. Next time we will choose the one downtown.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net