Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fried Chicken

 I have not made fried chicken before. I had bought a cast iron frying pan a few months ago...and my friend at work kept asking me if I made fried chicken yet. No I did not...so I finally tried it. I just soaked the chicken in yogurt, then ground up some corn flakes (yes I don't like crn but it was for Stagg)
 I used my cool new rolling pin...put the corn flakes and some spices into a dish and rolled the chicken in it.

 The chicken came out very good. But I had some challenges because the coating kept falling off. Next time I will try a different technique.

3 comments:

Greg S. said...

You might want to try the classic schnitzel technique: 1. dip the meat in flour for a thin coating; 2. dip it in beaten egg yolk; and 3. dip it in breading (corn flakes, bread crumbs, etc.). Put plenty of spices in the coating! Try not to turn more than once.

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

Hey have a question for you.. does the yogurt keep it from getting to greasy? Let me know. I want some southern fried chicken but I have had it once and it was just greasy. I want to try and avoid the grease.I know you cant completely but mostly.

Candy Minx said...

Greg S, that sounds pretty good! Next time! It takes so much oil to make and of course I am using grapeseed oil...

Tweety, yes, it is very greasy. The yogurt is actually from an old Oprah recipe...you put it in yogurt, then roll into corn flake spicey mixture then BAKE in oven. It's actually very delicious that way and no grease!

generated by sloganizer.net