1) When flashbacks of Echos took place in the church, several people entered or left the confessional and the church, but no one crossed themselves.
2) Sawyer seems to be a book worm. A totally hot book worm.
3) The smoke monster that kills people sounds like the gears to a roller coaster.
4)Marketing lessons and Lost.
5) Manichean storylines. Manichean is a tradition in literature exploring dualistic contrasts in personality. Like film noir, bad guys with hearts of gold or high morality. Good guys who commit petty crimes to acheive their goals, or practice immoral habits. The conflicts between opposing philosophies often manifested in characters motives and beliefs.
6) A Manichean creation myth
7) The Third Policeman featured a significant focus in an episode.
8) A quote from the novel The Third Policeman:
"The gross and net result of it is that people who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles."
9) Tesseract, a time travel device used in the novel A Wrinkle IN Time.
10) No fans have seemed to figure out the significance of these numbers. 4 8 15 16 23 42, although 42 is the answer to the meaning of life in Douglas Adams Hitchhikers series.
11)Authors discussed in Lost: Dickens, Hemingway, Stephen King
12) Books mentioned or read in Lost: A Wrinkle In Time, Watership Down, The Third Policeman, Are You There God, It's Margeret, King Josiah, 23 Psalm, The Brothers Karamazov. The camera falls on these books: Heart of Darkness, Lord of the Flies, Turn of the Screw, An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge and Lancelot(both by the philosopher and moralist Walker Percy. Character Henry Gale's name is the uncle in Wiz of Oz.
13 Who is hotter? Said, Sun, Jack or Sawyer?