This is not an action packed post...as I haven't really ever been one of those people who experienced a lot of strange phenomenon...but I have always been surrounded and drawn to people who have. I wonder how many folks who stop by this blog have strange bizarre happenings in their lives? Basically, I've enjoyed Star Trek and The X-Files and aside from being raised by several believers I don't have too many unexplained events. I didn't know what to write about today...so went to Amy Ruttans blog to get some inspiration and noticed she posted about Ghostbusters, a movie I also love...and she has a side bar saying she would like to write a novel about the paranormal.
2)When I was about 10 years old...my cousin and a friend and I would sneak into an abandonded fully furnished house on Quadra Island. We believed the house was haunted and we would sneak in like Nancy Drew and Wuthering Heights and try to find a hidden diary. Fortunately we never got caught and charged with B&E. We eventually found out who owned the house and went and spoke to the woman who had moved out and lived a few doors down. It turned out she was really involved in the paranormal and she taught a class on ESP at the local high school and when we went to high school we took her class. Once, when I was a young adult...I was visiting Quadra Island, and I went up to this old house and knocked on the door as a whole new family had bought the place and lived there. Somehow I managed to confess my adventures as a kid, and convince them for a tour of their house all legit.
3)My cats have always stared at invisible things on the ceilings. It's disconcerting those wacky cats.
4)My grandfather once sat on the end of my bed and chatted with me. He had been dead several years.
5)I was travelling in europe and reading A Hitchhikers Guide To The Universe I lost my copy in a train station. A couple days later, a few hundred miles away, I found a copy on a park bench.
6)I once lived in an apartment that books fell off my shelves and the bath tub would start running full on. It didn't bother me, I found it funny, although weird...but when friends were visiting they hated it...
7)There used to be a homeless woman who lived more or less in a bus shelter at Victoria and Queen East in the 80's in Toronto. Every time I walked past her she would mumble a statement...and then later that day, it would come true. Thats when I realized she was making predicitons. I would always give her a couple of bucks. I actually landed up writing an entire character based her for a short film, his character was played by Adain Devine.
8) Oh weird...as I'm working on this , Oprah comes on in the background and she has a show on ESP.
9) I can't really say I believe in the paranormal, but I've always been interested in hearing about people's experiences. I am not psychic or very dream conscious. My father is an atheist and my mother believes in everything from ufos to reincarnation to Atlantis.
10) I don't believe in coincidences...I do however like to feel things and make a lot of my personal and professional decisions on whether something feels right or not. I have rarely had a paranormal or ghost or unexplained spooky thing happen to me...so I can't even hardly make this list and wonder why I even thought I would try...
11) I have several friends who practice Wicca, astrology and one works as an agent for a medical intuitive.
12) I went to two group meditations with this medical intuitive in Ontario and he was fascinating...my girlfriend went with me, and ever since her chronic pain in her knee and back has gone away.
13) We had a customer at a bar where I worked for years and he was very old and went into the hospital. He was a super cool guy, had seen all kinds of famous jazz musicians met Mohommad Ali, partied with the Rat Pack...he had a lot of great stories and we were all very fond of him. I went to visit him. I decided to go visit him again, and then I found out he died. then we found out it was just a rumour. so I went to the hospital to see him again, because it was so sad to hear he had died, but then he didn't. I said no matter how bad the weather was...I would go see him. I get to the hospital, and the nurse tells me, he just died a second before I arrived but I can see him in a few minutes. URP.
Um...wait, what? But I had made a promise to go see him...So I waited and then she ushered me into his hospital room. I didn't know what to do especially as when I went in the room...he felt like he was still there. No seriously, he was still there. I sat down and meditiated for a while and wished him a good voyage. This was very humbling for me...and I think it's very self centered to assume that the spirit just dies. I felt it is not my business to label this world as a final place...
Um, sorry I don't have any wild experiences...but the weird thing with all of a sdden half way through writing these notes Oprahs show being about ESP is just too funny. Makes me feel it's a sign and jsut now as her show ends...she is going to talk about the scientific communities research in ESP...too bad I didn't watch her show this morning before I started this post, oh well...maybe I should rent the movie What The Bleep again...
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants