Monday, February 01, 2010

Aaarggghhh:Censorship...ergh...Motherfuckers!


I was really excited to see Canadian performer Drake hit the Grammy stage last night with Eminem and Lil' Wayne. I mean...my god, what a potential spectacle ...I was so excited. Three powerhouses I was anticipating. And Travis Barker playing drums!

The censorship was so ridiculous. At one point about a minute into Lil' Wayne's singing the network just turned off the sound for 5 seconds, then another 4 seconds. That is a long time for dead air. I was hoping to find it uncensored today. All three singers were censored. I just don't get why art should be allowed to be censored. I mean really, if you even watch this video, and are like me, well you'll just have to laugh. Last night, Stagg and I just threw up our hands and looked at each other "What the fuck?" (it was a fun show otherwise and I was really happy for Drake! Come a long way from DeGrassi, little brother)

8 comments:

piscadoro king fisher said...

the grammys themselves should be censored from existence

piscadoro king fisher said...

the brownies were full of c words and stuff but we could not sell any ad spots. but it's just a symptom of something way bigger.

mister anchovy said...

I'm impressed that you found some excitement on an awards show. I haven't been able to watch a whole awards show in many years now. Every now and then I try for old times sake, but I can't do it.

Candy Minx said...

Thee Mike Brown, hee hee. Well, I don't care about the award giving stuff. I watch for the music and the clothes. (I'd like to hear about the symptom of something bigger though!)

Mister Anchovy, oh there is almost always an exciting performance or several on the Grammys. One song was with Jamie Foxx and T-Pain singing "Blame It ON The Alcohol" (introduced appropriately by Robert Downey Jr) and then Slash came up out of the floor playing guitar. Stagg and I had tears well up in our eyes. Honey Boy Edwards was there and it was great to see him in the audience, Smokey Robinson singing. I am nuts for Smokey Robinson. I also love Lady Gaga and she was playing piano with Elton John, it was very cool.

DILLIGAF said...

Award shows are shite at best....

Having said that...censorship is garbage.

It wouldn't happen in England babe...well...not for about another 10 years or so...that's how far we're behind the USA...

10 years and we're with you!!!

Censor the bastards!!!

oh dear....

nite x

tweetey30 said...

Cant play the video because they decided to block the video..

piscadoro king fisher said...

the music and the clothes should be censored i'm saying. from the known dimensions 0f spacetime and beyond.

Candy Minx said...

Ha ha Mike I respect your stand!I love Lady Gaga's clothes so much though...she reminds me of meand my club friends when we were young. I love the crazy clothes the best! Think...Bjork with her swan dress...awesome!

generated by sloganizer.net