No, really how are ya?
In January on a Canadian news program I saw a segment with two Professors of Happiness. There is academic research for gauging how happy a person is with 7 questions. Today Oprah had one of these researchers on her show.
The 7 questions are to be ranked on a scale between 1 and 7.
Here they are:
1) In most ways my life is close to ideal
2) The conditions of my life are excellent
3) I am satisfied with my life
4) So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life
5) If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing
900 women were asked to keep a journal of their activities and rank them. The 5 most positive activites for these women were:
4 Praying or meditating
Taking care of children ranked lower than cooking and slightly higher than housework.
When the Dalai Lama was recently asked what is the secret to happiness, he said, compassion.