Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Octopuses


I was talking to my sister on the phone the other day about these octopuses in the book I was reading...and laughing and laughing and she told me about the above video...she saw it a couple of years ago from the guy who actually was working the ROV. (if you've never seen The Abyss, an ROV is a remote operated vehicle). I was pretty sure I could find it on YouTube. The octopus is 16ft giant pacific coast "80lb Octopus Doflieni". The ROV has to jet it's engines to shake loose octopus.

I used to watch and sometimes catch these animals when I was growing up.

The above video shows a Giant Pacific Octopus on the prowl...you can see her change colours several times subtly as she moves...

5 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Oh wow. Those are neat. They are beautiful creatures arent they?

Candy Minx said...

Yeah, they really are beautiful. And apparently funny and smart!

tweetey30 said...

YOu have been tagged if interested and want to play. rules are at my site.

Candy Minx said...

I'll be there Tweetey! I need some inspiration, Thanks!

Gardenia said...

Isn't nature stunning, mysterious, and infinitely wonderful?

generated by sloganizer.net