Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wattle And Daub

Up to my neck in sand paper...portable table saws and drills...doing dry walling.

I don't actually like to tell anybody I can do home decor and home reno...because then they might try to hire me.

In the morning I sand all the walls in a tight small basement apartment of a house. Then I apply the mud(drywallcompound/plaster) working on second, thrid...and tomorrowfourth and finalapplication of mud on the drywall.

This is a custom drywall job. Anybody else would run away screaming but I dare to go where no macho self respecting dry waller would go...

Sometimes I am actually "whittling" drywall to custom fit it to special demands.

Fortunately, the people I'm working for have awesome hard wareand tools so it really makes the job a lot more interesting and comfortable.

Then at night I basically should flop...but happily I got together with Anita and Behzad last night...we made a group beer infused phone call to Stagg on my cell phone from a bar on Yonge Street...and then tonight I am going to a bbq at Mister Anchovy's.

Hello to my blogpals...I miss you...to Underground Baker etc...but I am covered in plaster makes it difficult to type...and a big hug to my Stagg!

Maybetonight I will load some photosbeforedinner at Mister Anchovy's...LATER! HUGS!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you also MINXY!!!

Lots of LOVE!!!

STAGG

Gardenia said...

Ohhhhhhhh my gosh! You are a drywaller too? You wild woman, you!

Anonymous said...

Candy, never aquire those fine skills that might enslave you to others.

(that warning was once actually delivered to me in regards to using a typewriter)

* (asterisk) said...

Note to self: Get all drywalling work ready for when Candy and Stagg visit.

Nah, just kidding!

Glad I can get on to your blog today. Couldn't yesterday at all. Anyways, sounds like a lotta hard work. Don't forget to have some fun too...

tweetey30 said...

You know I swore I left a message yesterday. Yikes. Blog world. Anyway I was just saying that a lady I used to babysit for used to help her husband do this. You should have seen them both when they came home after 16 hours of drywalling. It was a funny sight to see.

Gardenia said...

Just checking in to see if you are wattling and/or daubling still.

Red said...

Missing you too, Candy! I haven't been around the blogs much myself, but I'm all ready for the winter now, when I'll do little else, I'm sure!

Take care!

generated by sloganizer.net