Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yee Haw Enterprises, Knoxville


Out for dinner one night in Knoxville, visiting and researching locations of Cormac McCarthy novesl...a woman was in the restaurant and she had a t-shirt with a lovely scrolled text saying "Suttree". Suttree is one of the novels set in Knoxville so I approached her and asked her about the t-shirt. Her brother is a big fan of McCarthy's and named his band, Suttree. She owns and operates a printing and publishing company that we had visited that very morning. Downtown Knoxville feels very cosy, yes? She makes beautiful letter press posters and many other wonderful retro and handmde items. More at Yee Haw Industries.


The band Suttree has a MySpace and you can listen to more songs here and buy their albums.. They are based in Asheville, North Carolina. I've been listening to them for about a month and really love their music and sensibility.

1 comment:

tweetey30 said...

I have never heard of these guys either but will check them out later. I just came in to see how my chili is doing in the crock pot. Jeff got a craving for it so I bought the stuff today and put it in the crock pot. It makes it easier on nights I have to work where I dont have to cook really. Just let it simmer all day long.. LOL.. I am lazy on my working days..

generated by sloganizer.net