Tuesday, December 01, 2009

How To Be Radical-With Humour!


"I decided that because this woman thought it was okay to make me feel uncomfortable in my home, I would retaliate and make her feel just as uncomfortable, if not more.
This woman was wearing a ankle-length corduroy skirt, which, as we all know, is a fashion nono. So, in order to make her feel uncomfortable, I stood next to her and held a sign that said Corduroy skirts are a sin! I don't think I have ever drawn so much attention in my life. SO many people asked to take a picture with me, I got laughs, high fives and there were the few that even cursed off the woman standing behind me.

As I drew interest to what was going on with myself and the woman with the hateful sign, I started to draw a crowd that stood with me in support. Before I knew it I had 100+ people holding signs for gay rights asking people to honk their horns to support. I was interviewed by a news station, and more than 5 student organization papers, and the post standard of syracuse.

I never expected anybody to come stand by me and support and I appreciate it so much that everyone came! It meant so much and it proved to those ignorant people that we aren't afraid, and we will put up a fight.

I'm proud that Syracuse has such a homosexual friendly community."

Thanks Red and Boing

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

'ankle-length corduroy skirt'

Good grief!!! I take it she was arrested!!!!!

rauf said...

That woman seems to like your sign board Candy. she either has lots of time on her hand or she has no love in her life.

i have same colour corduroy pants.
oh deeah ! what colour is that ? is that brown ?

Beej said...

Oh Candy, I love this! Perfect, perfect!!! Thank you for sharing it.

generated by sloganizer.net