Friday, June 16, 2006

Goddess Fandom


Madonna fans are so much fun. How does she know what we want and how to get us all so happy. I wish I could follow her around to see all her shows. We met lots of great people at the concert and took some photos...I also gave out my blog address and hope a couple of the people we talked to come here and let me know their names. I had some ideas of what to say about the show...but they kept disappearing since so many feelings and associations occur between the choreography, films and content. It was incredible. One strange thing, the press complained about her on the disco cross and I'm like who cares about the cross...there was so much happening on stage political and poetic...it was so trite to only pick up on her disco crucifix. For example, during the song "Don't Talk" voiceovers of the dancers stories of child abuse, the movie images were interspersed with President Nixon and Bush, bombs, African children and the words "don't talk" and "don't speak", meanwhile a large screen with numbers ticking go higher and higher. By theend of the song we find out the numbers are the kids who will orphaned by AIDS. So for some media or critics to nitpick about her on a disco cross is not only petty, but inappropriate. Madonna is amazing, thats all there is!!!!! The dancers were INCREDIBLE....I could have just been happy seeing them,well obviously I am still in awe and don't have anything intelligent to say...the secret to Madonna is that she is a dancer who writes music. She knows how to excite dancers and even her ballads have the foundation for dance.

Kendra and baby from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Angel and .....







Jen Porter

6 comments:

me said...

this is spooky. this was posted what, three days ago? it has only just appeared here! how very odd. glad you had a good time with madge, not my cup of tea, but i can appreciate what it is that draws people to her.

FOUR DINNERS said...

As a dyed in the wool punk I've never admitted to likin' Madge. I do but don't tell anyone....

* (asterisk) said...

Candy and Madonna, sitting in a tree...

Glad you had a fab time, CM!

Candy Minx said...

heh heh...I would SO KISS HER!

My photos kind of suck and the flash was so RUDE in show I stopped...but you can see the end of the stage, and she came out of that weird shaped thing...that was a disco ball...the crowd went nuts and we were so close we could see her smile where she knew she treated us to a good time.

We couldn't get a taxi afterwards so started walkingto find one...a stretch limo pulleld up, with all these adorale gals in it and gave us a ride to "boystown" so we could dance for a few hours...you can see the girls in limo above and then us comfy in the back seat sweaty and high, David, me and Biff.

(sorry I had so much trouble getting into my blog last week I wasn't able to properly post these photos with text...at one point the blog completely disappeared)

rauf said...

Yes Flash is rude, but not in a rock concert. good that you had good time Candy

fifipoo07 said...

Just came in to see how you were going with seans painting and saw this. OMG am so jealous! What songs did she do? I hope she did some of the old ones.

Pippa

generated by sloganizer.net