Monday, January 01, 2007

Bra Shopping

See the drippy paint paint on the curved wall of that building. I wonder what that is from..an old advert? An old mural worn away before the construction of that newer building..?
The only people I know who like bra shopping are drag queens. I love having new knickers and bras, but the process is deep dark pathos. At one point Stagg is staring at the ground, there are twenty 8 year olds fighting over underwear on sale (what was that some loser birthday party activity?) and with a huge poster of Giselle ina bikini behind me while a woman takes my measurements. I couldn't feel more dejected unless I was actually trying on bikinis in public.
Stagg buying a salad spinner. I think this means he's officially metrosexual. The rest of the afternoon he kept saying "we bought a salad spinner". As soon as I snapped this photo, our sales representative said " No photographs in Bloomingdales." (do you think this is for preventing "display theft"?)

The quote on the wall of this window display says" All I really want is sugar." Andy Warhol.
Very strange feeling boarding this party bus. Lots of fun getting settled and watching other people get on da bus and see their reaction:I must have looked like that too! This was serious holiday decor, they must just keep this bus in a garage the rest of the year and pull it out as a surprise for passengers at this time of year, circulating it's various routes. Music was blaring. This was a professional job.
Survived the bra shopping. Got some great stuff. Well, see it feels good once your toys are home. I should have been born a guy. I hate shopping, I drink beer, and I don't like to talk about my feelings.

8 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I can't believe Stagg bought a salad spinner. What is the world coming to?

Candy Minx said...

Like you don't have one? With a vegetarian in your family? If you don't I better get you one...it's invaluable if you love salad. The only thing worse than bra shopping is watered down dressing from improperly dried lettuce!

:)

Wandering Coyote said...

I'm also not the hugest fan of bra shopping, and I have to do some while I'm here in Van because I'm getting desperate. I just go to Wal Mart, though, because they're the cheapest. I might enjoy the whole experience more if I had more money and could afford the fancier places.

Happy New Year, BTW!

Anonymous said...

Wandering Coyote, well, frankly, I prefer department store choices in Canada for underwear. It's all crazy to me here, and as lovely as Victoria's Secret is, we had gone to department stores first...but I needed HELP! The bra companies at the department stoes were completely new and bizarre to me. I had no idea Canada deals with different companies from the States...quite different. So I landed up at this huge store that was running wild with children. Fortunately, and the only reason I got a couple things there, was the store was having a new years sale. Whew!

Red said...

I also loathe bra shopping. When we were in NY, I popped into Victoria's Secret and although I liked every model they had out on display, I couldn't find a single bra that actually fit me. Now I go to Marks & Spencer and it's mostly fine, but anything "cute" (Agent Provocateur, for example) just doesn't cater for a woman of my calibre! I have large-ish boobs, but I am not freakishly endowed or anything like that. Where do people like Jordan buy bras from?!?

Karen said...

I love bra shopping too but I go to a specialty lingerie shop as my girls are bigger than the sizes carried in most department stores. My local "big girl" store carries my size but I only buy one there if I want something pretty and cheap (they're not supportive at all).

Anonymous said...

Well, honestly...Victoria's Secret has this bra, it's a very good bra, but I don't like it. I'm wearing it, it's great under t-shirts but I just don't like it. The original concept of Victoria's Secret...was her secret is a padded bra. That is no longer what the store focuses on...but it is one of the reasons, I suspect why there are not many clothes, underwear or bras for , say Red's calibre. :)

Bra designs just simply change for larger sized bras. Surely it must be possible to have support shape and sexy for big boobs. The thing is, many women with breast enhancement don't "need" to wear a bra...the surgery is like a skin bra...so people like Pam Anderson or Jenny McCarthy can go braless and be comfortable and also have sexy bras made to fit them stylewise not with support.

Karen, going to a big girl store is a really really good idea for bras and one I will check out, good tip!!! Ah...but see isn't it kooky they are not supportive. Yeah, like how many of us can afford to buy bras for "lying down" heh heh!

Karen said...

Candy: The store I was referring to is Addition-Elle. Love their clothes and it's where I got my fabulous thong and boyshorts recently. However I've found their bras, although reasonably priced and very VERY sexy, just don't hold the girls in place. It's quite disappointing. If I knew that it was going to come off shortly after I put it on (I wish...) then I wouldn't mind getting one of them. Alas, instead I pay three times as much for a bra that is both supportive and pretty darn sexy from the specialty shop. The bonus though is that the woman who owns/runs the shop knows how to fit bras unlike the sales ladies at the the cheaper store.

generated by sloganizer.net