Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Everything A Movie Should Be

Revisited an oldfriend last night, a movie with it all. Love, betrayal, outdoor adventure, life, death, war, xenophobia, magic, brilliant banter, quickfire characterizations of people we bond with, working class ethics, suicide, resurrection, humour, courage, corruption, mystery, old fashioned storytelling, innovative special effects for it's time, suspense and hope. I've seen it's a hundred times, likely. I've owned it on video and dvd.

It's an abosolutely perfect script, both it's orginal...and it's special edition for diehard and new fans. It's everything you could want in a movie. It was a huge box office bomb. Can you guess?

6 comments:

Malnurtured Snay said...

I'm guessing M. Night Shamylan's newest rehash? I've got it coming on Netflix. I don't know why I torture myself so.

Karen said...

I need more clues

FOUR DINNERS said...

sounds like life in hayes town, england if you ask me

Ink Casualty said...

I'd go with DUNE on that baby though the Godfather could clock in as well

Underground Baker said...

Am I allowed to guess?

Candy Minx said...

Sorry, I should have given more clues. Dune was a good guess Ink Casualty. I posted a utube trailer in response up above...

generated by sloganizer.net