Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A New Room Mate...


About a year and a half ago, Stagg took several sheets of fabric and painted all over them. then he gave them to his friend Danny who created this woman. Isn't she lovely? She moved in last weekend.
I admit, there have been a few times I've walked into the room and jumped. She really has a strong personality and prescence. Her arms are so long and delicate, and kind of remind me of movie arms of aliens...but they also make her seem to stoic. Danny has an art show at the Chicago Tourism Center, 72 East Randolph Street until Feb.28th.
Should we name her? Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Brian Lawrence said...

Each person’s spiritual journey is inherently different. There are many spiritual pathways leading to the same destination.

Red said...

She looks like a Leonora to me!

Anonymous said...

That long thumb reminds me of Uma Thurman's role as Sissy Hankshaw. I've only seen trailers of the film.

Candy Minx said...

Bonsta Looga, beautiful, but a big long for a nickname...how about if we shorten that suggestion to "Tao".

Red, yikes, that's Stagg's mothers name, and that would HAVE to be bad feng shui in the bedroom, no?

Greg S, well she is slim like Uma too. I think Sissy is a very good idea for a name. That movie didn't do well, but I really liked it, Hankshaw is one of my favourite female characters.

Jessica Doyle said...

Joy.

I have a new roommate too moving in, in mid February who is named Joy.

It just sounds nice to say. Good luck to your friend Danny with his show.

"Hi Joy, How was your day?"
"I'm sad, hug me Joy."

and…
Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Anonymous said...

Sassafras ... that's the first thing that popped into my head.

Dolt D

Candy Minx said...

Hey Dolt...that's a great name for her...I'll putit past Stagg, but I am sure he'll love it. Sasafras, fun.

generated by sloganizer.net