Friday, August 24, 2007

Lunch With A Romance Writer!


This is a pic of Amy Ruttan and I the other day in London Ontario having lunch. Amy and I met through Thursday Thirteen (which I was unable to do yesterday) and had lunch meeting for the first time. I think Amy is the first official meeting of someone I have met through blogging that I have met in real life!

I was very nervous...and very tired after sleeping four hours after a 36 hour bus ride from hell. Amy was so sweet and funny and I was very curious about her passion for writing and how she came to be a romance writer. Amy was feeling under the weather but I am so glad she was a trooper and met with me regardless. We had a great power visit in one hour...and I could have listened to her stories for another few hours. I was sohyper and nervous, I forgot to order lunch! I hope we get to meet up again Amy...what fun!

5 comments:

tweetey30 said...

That is so cool. I know three of my fellow blog friends personnally and went to school with one but I want to go to Philly next year and meet one fellow blogger. My husband plays chess and there is a big chess tournament out there and I would love to meet this blog friend.

Candy Minx said...

I recommend the trip Tweety...it's a lot of fun!

I've met a fair bit of people I have online in web boards over the yeards and it's pretty cool...this is the first time I met someone since I've been blogging just over a year...

Red said...

Yay, MIRLs are fun! So glad your first experience of a blogging MIRL went well. Roll on many others (including me!!).

* (asterisk) said...

Looks like you gals had a blast. Well done to you both!

Steven LaRose said...

I am sure that the first Linked-blogger that I meet will suffer my enthusiasm.

generated by sloganizer.net