Thursday, December 23, 2010

Borderlines



Somewhere north of the Detroit/Windsor border crossing. Stagg said he felt like he was inside a picture postcard looking out the window at these countrysides. We had a relatively uneventful trip up north as soon as we got going I felt all the cobwebs leave my head. We've spent the last couple of days getting some food and visiting with family and just enjoying not doing damn paperwork. A much needed holiday. Haven't seen Mister Anchovy and Tuffy P yet but they are heading over for a big Festivus meal tomorrow night. I understand he has made some perogi. Yum. And this afternoon Jill and I are shopping for groceries we expect 20 people, including one toddler and adding two large Newfie dogs. We've got a roast of some kind and I know I'll be making potato au gratin, and I picked up soem Gruyere yesterday in Kensington Market. Stagg and I walked around Kensington but it was freaking cold and I was looking for celery seeds and so didn't stop to take pictures. We are down the street from the Market so pictures will follow I am sure. It is so crazy good to just hang out and laugh with people. More later...

7 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome hommmmme!! xo - Tuffyp

L.M. said...

Welcome back to Canada!

tweetey30 said...

Merry x-mas.. You will have a card waiting in the mailbox when you get home with a photo for you... I sent them out today. I know they are late but late than never...lol... Merry x-mas and happy new year and enjoy your trip..

Anonymous said...

Fair play to the two of you, getting back up north! Get some rest -- been a hellish year, has to get better...

Happy Christmas & a great New Year.

Marc & Deana (Chicago)

Candy Minx said...

Hey Tuffy P and Mr A, right back at ya! See ya tonight!

L.M. I hope we get to see each other this week sometime, happy holisdays girlfriend!

Tweetey, better late than never is always true, I look forward to seeing the pic! Big hugs to you and yours!

Wow hi Marc and Deana, hope you have a wonderful holiday, hi to the son for us! And good bye last year...what a trip! Happy New Year!

L.M. said...

gmail address is lorna.mills.

Love to have you over if you are around on the 30th.

generated by sloganizer.net