Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Assimilated Negro: The Vagina Litmus Test

What do you call it?

WARNING: PARENTAL ADVISORY..............

I went through a phase of making cunt paintings. I made this paining of a fire and circles and it was tourquise blue and the word CUNT scrawled belwo the firey circle. I showed it in two galleries. One at Workseen ina groups show, as part of a large installation piece I constructed called "Slow Absorbtion Fearless Bitch" I was all in "empowerment phase" Okay. I was young okay. It was actually all very pretty and beautiful I made like 40 feet of wallpaper for the room too. Before the opening, one of my friends parents had gone to see the show and offered to babysit their two year old grandson. My friends were., "no we're okay we want to bring him to the party." The parents said, "but there is a painting with the word CUNT in it." Their son was 2 years old! I wish I could find a photo right now...wait let me look...no can't find any. And in another group show I had this whole piece censored. it was a group show in the Cornwall Regional Art Gallery. The gallery had put the cunt fire painting into a back office kept the folding screen moving wall, the wallpaper some chair and handmade book, but had changed the title from "Slow Absorbtion Fearless Bitch" to the title "Installation" ALL without my permission. It was a joke. A nightmare joke. I just went to their website right now and I see there are a lot of female artists, painting close ups of flowers. Hmm....I wonder how they would feel about the rude treatment I received?

Anyway, I wondered, what do YOU call it? The Assimilated Negro, a talented funny writer, whose blog I follow, uses the word "vagina" which I thought was lame. Froofroo? Yin yang? Cunt? Cooter? Pussy? And does your partner like what you call it?

9 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Hot box, juicer....DNiven, as a child, apparently went through a doctors n nurses thing with his sister. He showed her his but when he asked her to reciprocate she covered up n said "It's a sort of flat arrangement"...

A flat arrangement. Nice.

Candy Minx said...

Ha ha wonderful. Oh David Niven was so cool. he might be in one of my favourite Bond movies. Bond always has lots of ways of looking at body parts.

Hot box, okay see that's one I've never heard of, I should have known you'd be the first to show up here 4Dins! You can hear people talking dirty in your sleep I bet, heh.

Juicer is very clever.

mister anchovy said...

That was a nightmare wasn't it? I still get the creeps when I drive through that town. Do you know the Chris Rock bit about marriage? Very funny use of cunt vs vagina, blowjob vs fellatio, fucking vs intercourse, and so on.

Candy Minx said...

Yes, I forgot to say that mister anchovy his wife and our pal scott were in the show together. Well, whats funny is I can catually laugh about it, and my notes about being censored up there I ignored the part that there was seriously hurt feelings associated with having art work censored. I don't if other artists have felt that way, but I was surprised how personal it felt.

Yes, love the Chris Rock routine... it and that reminds me it is always funny to hear different areas with their nicknames and innuendos. Again, thanks 4Dins, I have heard Australia was really wild with nicknames and sayings and I love it, so cute "hotbox". I like this stuff, like Shakespeare and old blues songs and hip hop often have some of the best names for body parts.

Then what about all the bands who named themselves after cum shots. Or of you will...jism., including The Loving Spoonful, Pearl Jam, 10cc.

me said...

beef curtains, love castle, beetle bonnet (as in vw), camels hoove!

thanks for froofroo!

Candy Minx said...

I have always worked part time in bartending so always in close quarters with lots of guys and especially amle chefs! So I figured I had heard everything. The first time I heard "beef curtains" was about 2 years ago and I nearly choked to death laughing...and in shock. We always knew you guys had some of the weirdest names for us! That one really threw me.

I think Canadians and British people swear more. For one thing, the "hump" reviews of UK blogs kept referring to the swearing...which I hadn't even noticed of the blogs I was following and he was reviewing! Canadians swear like pirates. And then I found a post about this post of mine...and she said she thought maybe she was puritanical...

http://dubiouswonder.blogspot.com/

I think it might be a big difference between Uk, Canada and U.S.

Candy Minx said...

Hey Steve! Nice to see you stop by. Thanks for your thoughts about the art, censorship and reactions. I hardly ever think about that show, and was surprised I was thinking of it now in this post. I would likely react so differently now, I feel differently than I did then...

Again, good luck with your blog and have fun with it! And thanks for your ideas and your nicknames for the "collection".

Candy Minx said...

Oh F.F. that link to nicknames and slang was fantastic. Like reading Shakespeare...well sort of. No it was great. Thanks.

Order Pills Antibacterial said...

I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information.

generated by sloganizer.net