Thursday, May 18, 2006

Open Door Policy

So many washroom doors are broken falling apart, and locks are missing or jimmied that a woman on American Inventor got to the final 12 for inventing a lock for public restrooms. She didn't win, but I could have used her invention today. (her invention was a small lock to carry in your purse and it had a hook on it to hang you purse, very clever!) Sad to see the washrooms in the beautiful Art Institute of Chicago were a disaster.

What I did, I used my purse to weigh down the purse folding shelf to keep the door closed. I also got inspired by blogs that record "street art" and have my camera with me at weirdo times to try finding street art myself. I wonder what the other patrons in washroom must have thought when my flash went off inside the stall...I was laughing very much.

7 comments:

Heidi Grether said...

Talk about INVENTIVE!!

Thanks for your kind visit. What is KNOW EACH OTHER? I think sometimes us bloggers know each other better than anyone, b/c we put our hearts out there w/o reserve.

I have been organizing stuff, like my earrings and clothes and other stuff. Watched some old movies on TNT, and enjoyed the quiet.

Lonely is not always a bad thing. Just glad it is not forever, TT comes home Sunday and Lappy may be home tomorrow!

With love,
hg <><

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy!

I am really enjoying your blog.
I can catch up on your life without running up a phone tab and this is so much more visual.

But you can still call me again!
(I did call back the next day.)

Now I wish I had a website that I could link you to.

Did your camera flash and then was there a cackle of laughter following? You probably put smiles on a few faces.
You did mine.

love Jennie

Michael Abrams said...

So instead of a nifty little lock and hook that fit in your purse now you have to haul around a giant folding steel plate? American Inventor has done you wrong.

loop a sad Lock, cold as a pool

Candy Minx said...

Oh my god, your palindromes are incredible Michael!

hey Jen love ya!!! I will phone...nice work finding me here...

Hattigrace you are right, we get to know each other here fast and furious w/o reservations. It is cool. I am glad you are finding things to do, wow organizing earrings. I am not worthy!!!

* (asterisk) said...

Good use of the foldy thing, CM! But I'm intrigued by the lock, too.

Y'know what's weird? In the UK, I think there are more broken locks in women's "restrooms" than in men's...

Candy Minx said...

Yes, I believe the same is true in Canada and America. Now why is that? Because on the American Inventor program when the woman introduced her invention, the male judges had no idea why she would invent something to lock doors in restrooms.

Is it because the doors are used more in womens toilets than in men's? So it's just more wear and tear? I dunno.

I still don't believe I took a photo in here...I should go back to taking photos of my tv :)

* (asterisk) said...

That's probably the reason, CM, rather than women being more heavy-handed! More photos! Photograph everything!

Since starting my blog, I've taken to using the camera so much more often, even if I don't post everything, I know there's a good chance I might post something.

generated by sloganizer.net