Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kawasaki Krump


Either someone was prankstering me or Guy came here and posted a comment the other day. I think it would be so cool if he did. At any rate the comment was the following...
"Candy,

Here is where you can download more pictures of me. :-)

http://guykawasaki.com/about/pictures.shtml

You flatter me with your attention. May you reach the top ten before I do.

Guy"

Now I have a real talent for grammatical fingerprints, but there's not much here to work with. It is the line "May you reach the top ten before I do" that actually made me take a double take and think Mr. Kawasaki did post this...it sounds like the way he writes on his blog. But how can I be sure with so few words. The photos were very helpful to me, nice and large so I could sit and paint right off the screen easily. (The book I linked about literary forensics or grammatical fingerprintsby Don Foster, is really an excellent read)

I started this campy krump battlezone not even knowing how to load technocrati onto my blog and ranked 1,192,043. Today my rank is 247,692. This seems impossible. Hilarious but impossible. My opponent is wily. I must meditate...


Well, there is where I'm at today so far. I'm NOT finished yet. On the bottom right hand corner I am building a kind of Haida totem pole. I may change my mind but so far, that is going to be me inserting my image into the painting as a small totem pole, see the wolf? Yeah baby!

Thanks for dropping by into my living room and saying hi you wonderful folks you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy,

Keep up the good work! You're beating me on Technorati by a lot—I'm ranked 404,772. Don't worry though, someday I'll be in the top ten. I don't need to be number one, but being in the top 5 would be pretty sweet.

William

Candy Minx said...

Ha ha ha, hi William how's it going? I don't doubt with that funny profile of yours alone you'll be in the top ten. Thanks I'm having lots of fun with this, thats for sure.

See ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, either way. Either Guy actually left you a message, or someone cares enough about you to try to make you think so.

Of course, there's the other option that somebody is only out for a good laugh, but hey, where's the good karma in thinking like that?

Candy Minx said...

Hi Overworm! Well, I assumed it was one of my friends playing a prank on me or egging me on. Which either way it did.

What is our identity anyways, aren't we all one? What is a name an illusion? Egos separated by names, lifestyles clothes taste...but all stories are one and all lives are joined...

Okay, enough poetry thoughts for now I am a hopeless dreamer...

Whoever posted as Guy, Guy or "notGuy" helped me by linking up to a good photo of Guy.

And it's all for fun and something to do righty? And I'm sure in my own humble way I have introduced Guy to a different audience for his blog.

Thanks so much for saying hi Overworm!

generated by sloganizer.net