Friday, May 12, 2006

Some quotes I like

Since I am a visitor I do not have my nerdy scrapbook with quotes and poetry that inspires me. I like to hear inspiring or funny sayings.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. Chinese proverb

The purpose of the media is to make what's important interesting. Bill Maher

Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment chop wood and carry water. Zen proverb or Salingers modern urban myth?

If you see me getting mighty if you see me getting high, knock me down. I'm not bigger than life. Red Hot Chili Peppers

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. Max Planck

None of us is as smart as all of us. Zen proverb

Have you got some for me to keep here?

4 comments:

MarkD60 said...

"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it"
I think it's by me!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Favourites :

"You live you die, the bit in between is called life. Enjoy" - Dave Lister (Red Dwarf)

"It was like that when I got here" - Homer Simpson

"Doh!" - Homer Simpson

"You did what??????" - The wife

"What the fuck was that?" - Mayor of Hiroshima

"Hic" - Four Dinners

The Editor said...

It's all coming together and falling apart, at the same time. - The Editor

I don't have a lot in common with myself - The Editor

Candy Minx said...

Ha ha...well see I never figured on hearing peoples original lines of meaning and that is just fantastic. Thanks guys!

I guess I have a motto I live by too...


"Don't be a jamtart!"

generated by sloganizer.net