Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some Photos For Friends In Kitimat-Hey!



Above is a picture of the Kitimat River. It's difficult to explain how wild and amazing this area is...it' ain't no "countryside"...and this river holds some of my best memories.


#15 is where Kitimat is located...I had a hell of a time trying to find a bloody decent map of it's location from Vancouver to Alaska...oh well this is all I could find this morning.



Hey this is a shout our for a couple friends in Kitimat, B.C. WAY up north. I contacted an old friend of mine from school...and I got too busy to e-mail him back...so I'm posting some pics in case he comes to my blog this morning. I think I saw Kitimat on my site meter this morning. So...here are some pictures for ya buddy. That is Stagg, the hubby. And thentthese are just a couple of pics we took fooling around with the camera on the computer. This is where we are sitting when we post on our blogs. By the way...I DID e-mail you guys this morning and I'll try to phone tonight. Love ya Kitimat!

It's so weird...I'm kind of overwhelmed this morning emotionally because I'm thinking of so many funny memories of my friends in high school...and then it's like how amazing to sit here so far away in chicago...and get in touch with my buddy way over in Kitimat. It's a great bittersweet feeling.


Above is a picture of the Kitimat River. It's difficult to explain how wild and amazing this area is...it' ain't no "countryside"...and this river holds some of my best memories. The wilderness around this area is so incredible...The photo below is of the main industry in Kitimat, the aluminum factory Alcan.


#15 is where Kitimat is located...I had a hell of a time trying to find a bloody decent map of it's location from Vancouver to Alaska...oh well this is all I could find this morning.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Awsome photo's Candy. Hope all is well. Now I need to get you to WI to visit... LOL.. anyway we have a few things planned for the next couple of weekends. We have a chess tournament coming up this coming weekend and the following weekend we have EAA in OshKosh. There yearly air show. Its awsome. I love the WW2 Reinactmetn.

Unknown said...

I should take a picture like Stagg in Sunglasses for my CR profile pic :)

anthony.stagg@gmail.com said...

Do it!

generated by sloganizer.net