Monday, March 10, 2008

Congratualtions Madonna!


Courtney Love, Tina Turner and Madonna, Rolling Stone, 1997 cover of 30th anniversary featuring "Women of Rock".

Madonna will be indicted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today...and usually the artists perform after a special introduction (Justin Timberlake is introducing her). Instead, Iggy Pop is going to perform covers of a couple of her songs...should be fun! Other inductees this year are John Mellancamp, Leonard Cohen, Dave Clark Five.

Pop who is the lead vocal of The Stooges, has been known to be Madonna's opening act at the Dublin date during her Reinvention Tour in 2004. He reportedly has agreed to perform the punked up versions of her hits as a tribute. Meanwhile, both The Stooges and Madonna are Detroit natives.

Madonna is inducted to the Hall for her 25 years of contribution to music industry. She first signed to a major deal in 1982 when she was made an artist under Sire Records. She will on April 19, release her eleventh studio album titled "Hard Candy" via Warner Bros. "The album title is a juxtaposition of tough and sweetness...kind of like I'm gonna kick your ass but it's going to make you feel good. And of course, I love candy," Madonna said of her new record.

4 comments:

Malcolm said...

I love that RS cover. I think my subscription may have run out at that time because I don't remember seeing it. The idea of Iggy doing punk version of Madonna tunes sounds very intriguing.

On a side note, Tina Turner deserves to be in the RRHOF as a soloist. Although she is in as one half of Ike and Tina Turner, I don't believe she has even been nominated for her solo work and she's been eligible for several years now.

tweetey30 said...

I have to admit I am not so sure I like her new stuff as well as I like the stuff I grew up on with her like her old songs. I mean Like a Virging and Papa Dont Preach. those were something. Now a days I am not so sure I like it because its toned down a bit. I havent heard Tina Turner in a long time. We have on Tape of her in the car but cant play it because the tape deck broke this last week when Jeff tried extracting a tape that got stuck.. LOL.. Thankfully we have a cd player too that we hook up in the cig lighter thingy.. LOL.. My mind is still confused from the trip. Will have that posted later.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

awesome cover

and i ADORE leonard cohen. seriously love love love him. to pieces. seriously.

:)

Gardenia said...

Tina is long overdue for this - I have never seen such energy - brings soul to anything she does -

I'm with meb on Leonard Cohen!

generated by sloganizer.net