Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Iggy Pop- Ray of Light


The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is one of the best award shows. It's especially ncredible because often the various musicians will be itching to play and by the end of the program they all get on stage.

I would really love to spend a week at the museum going through their film archives. We are thinking of going to Cleveland to the museum in June. Check the following footage of Prince, George Harrison, Tom Petty playing My Guitar Gently Weeps. The second part of the video has Prince solo. (And last night Ben Harper gave a very sweet speech honouring Little Walter and then he joined the James Cotton Band to play some Little Walter riffs.)



Hey for Martha...here is the Leonard Cohen section of last nights ceremony:



I think this has been recorded from a handy cam on the tv which is hilarious but also why it's so foggy...but it is a great montage with some voice overs...

7 comments:

Gardenia said...

Prince was brilliant - never really got his due. I love Tom Petty - enough "darkness" in his music fits the dark side of me well....

Did you get to the Hard Rock Cafe in NO to see all the items of the musicians there - it's almost like a museum!

tweetey30 said...

I am having problems listening to videos for some dang reason. They keep resetting on me and such. But what I heard of them they are good.

tweetey30 said...

Have a question for you but you can e-mail me with answer if you would like. There is a chess tournament in Oglesby Illinois on May 3 and 4th. Does Stagg live far from here? Just wondering. I was thinking maybe if you can we could meet up there instead in May. A thought when Jeff mentioned it. Jeff also had me listen to an Iggy Pop song last night and now I cant remember which one... LOL..

Malcolm said...

I wish I could spend at least a week at the RRHOF Museum. Have you been there yet? You'll love it when you go. Although I have been about 5 times, it's been a couple of years since my last visit.

Candy Minx said...

Gardenia...we love Prince around here...he is a god! We didn't make it to the Hard Rcok in NO...but I have been to many around NOrth America...it's probably the only franchise I like...and besides,. I also LOVE the owners...and I love sseeing the gear...in Chicago at the bar is Madonna's bustier.

Tweetey...I emialied you earlier...sorry these YouTube videos didn't work for you...

Malcolm...no I haven't been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...but we are thinking of going in JUne...I also could spend a long time there.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Iggy spent some time at Gods right hand resulting in numerous beneficient results for all mankind.

The Iggy and Ziggy album springs to mind

Candy Minx said...

Yep...4D you're so right...he is an angel on earth!

generated by sloganizer.net