Thursday, March 06, 2008

Patrick Swayze I Love You!


When the movie Point Break came out in theatres...I figured I had died and gone to Buddha. One of my fave directors, Kathryn Bigelow, BOTH Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze...and surfing!!! Come on!!! I've owned several copies of this movie over the years. (and a cameo with hottie Anthony Keidis...shhhheeeeee-iiiitttt)

Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer but doctors feel he has a good progosis. Patrick you make the world a better place...I love you! Hearts and meditation and prayers for you, you rock!


Yep, this trailer for Roadhouse includes the music of Jeff Healey and he had a role and was on the soundtrack with several songs...thats Healey hugging Swayze in one clip. Jeff Healey passed away a few days ago...I was very sad to hear this...and when at the hospital visiting our friend we told him. I knew Jeff from clubs we both worked in and just well enough for us to say hi to each other over the years. Jim loved Jeff Healey and had all his albums. One of the last times I saw Jeff Healey play was outside in Central Park. I tired to find ANYONE to drive down to New York City to see an amazing concert on Canada Day a few years ago. Great Big Sea, Jeff Healey and The Tragically Hip played for free in Central Park. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Can you imagine thousands of wild Canadians drinking beer in the warm sun? Talk about an invasion. I actually landed up making pals with a guy from Brooklyn for the afternoon. On my way to NYC I slept in my car in the parking lot of the McDonalds in Syracuse. (Jim watches Roadhouse over and over...one of the best B movies ever!)


Patrick Swayze in a scene from Donnie Darko playing a motivational speaker for "Attitudnal Beliefs". Another movie that keeps on giving...just like Patrick Swayze's performances and dancing!

2 comments:

Gardenia said...

He's an icon. May he recover completely!

Malcolm said...

The news of Swayze's battle shocked me. I caught "Road House" for the first time years ago on cable. Because I went in with no expectations, it became a favorite of mine at the time and I watched it countless times. Although it isn't a cinematic masterpiece, it does have some memorable lines...

Pain don't hurt.

But I'm on my break!

I thought you'd be bigger.

A polar bear fell on me.

generated by sloganizer.net