Monday, January 19, 2009

At Last


Apparently Michele and Barack Obama's first dance at official inaugural ball is going to be Beyonce performing this song.

I once saw Etta James perform at an outdoor festival at Beacon Hill Park in Victoria B.C in 1989. If you think that is weird I also Deborah Harry (with my sister and friend Jen McInnis) in Victoria in 1989. I saw Muddy Waters perform in Victoria in 1980. Who knew a little town in Canada would have such a repertoire of touring recording artists.

4 comments:

S.M. Elliott said...

Nice. A classic! And it perfectly expresses how many of us are going to be feeling during the inauguration...

Candy Minx said...

Yeah...it's very exciting!

I haven't been this excited by a public ceremony since Princess Di got married (I was obsessed with her funeral...but excited isn't the right word-heartbroken, but had to watch the procession and funeral)

Gardenia said...

Been watching them dance - awwwww - love them! Such a sexy couple, and obviously in love with one another. So refreshing!!! And they knew how to pick the music!

Oh, I need your autograph if you saw Muddy Waters!!!!!!

Janet said...

I saw Beyonce talking about this today...she was in tears!

generated by sloganizer.net