Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Poached Chicken


It's one of those days where I'm just scrounging around in the fridge...cooking whatever I can find. Had some organic free range chicken so I'm going to poach it. It's amazing what you can find in traditional grocery stores that is organic. Even Swanson is making an organic chicken stock! The organic cauliflower was much more expensive than the regular...shit...but I couldn't bear to not get the organic grown vegetable instead.

Just some onions in a little butter and grape seed oil and rosemary with sea salt sauteing for a couple of minutes. Add the wine, lemon juice, some chicken stock and garlic. Some organic fresh sage. I don't know...do wine and lemon go? We'll see...

This is handy method of a meal because it's sort of like...I can leave it lightly poaching away while I do stuff in the studio. It looks a little peaked right now, but it sure smells amazing. I think I'll throw in some apples and then basically it's a riff on a rural French recipe.

2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

apples? very interesting...here I'm baking organic pork chops rubbed with a bit of olive oil and some ancho chili powder...and throwing together a salad from whatever I can find...

The Preacherman said...

droooooooool

generated by sloganizer.net