Monday, January 12, 2009

Where Am I...

I know...I've been awol visiting my blog friends...where have I been?

You all know I love to give the overall impression that I am a no-good know-nothing slacker just lying around eating bon bons and watching tv with some kind of languid lazy persona. Well thats not exactly the truth. I do do stuff even though I hardly ever talk about it.

I am going through my tapes.

I went to the office supply store and bought a binder and lots of loose leaf paper...just like school days. I am labeling the tapes I have built up from interviewing people for the last couple years, hen going through every tape and describing (as briefly but detailed as I can) exactly what is on the tape. This is hours of tape. Like 20 hours of tape. I also have to cross reference dates, correct spelling of names and locations, how many people, where the camera is...and these are also labeled with a number and alphabet letter. I have notes I wrote while on the road or after an interview and I am sorting these out as well and recording them in this note book. I have so much on film at this point there isn't any other way I can keep it in my head or track it.

I am also writing an editing journal as well with slight storyboards of the editing planned or already done. So...if I feel two sequences should edit together I am writing that down in a different note book.

It is slow going, but highly rewarding work and that is what I am up to.

10 comments:

tweetey30 said...

That sounds like a lot of work compared to what is going on here. You have read whats going down here so I wont bore you with details.. LOL.. Take care and hugs..

Candy Minx said...

Thanks Karen, good to "meet" you.

Tweetey, I'll be over in a flash...

* (asterisk) said...

Sounds like you totally have this under control and are going in the right direction. I'm stuck looking at my Bruges footage (only 30 mins), wondering how best to cut it into a 5-min amalgam. I need to devote the time, just like you are. It's the only sensible way. Good on you.

Candy Minx said...

ThAnks *, your support really means a lot...because you know exactly what these "in the weeds" feels like. I am resisting...I'm here at my messy desk pouting...sorting through a mess in order to get more comfortable. It's so funny...because when I get going...I like it. But it really isn't a sexy past time. It's so funny because I am resisiting but yet once I get going...I love it. It's getting the mojo going you know. And just making myself not do anything else.

The Preacherman said...

You've never interviewed me!!! :-(

....sensible girl!!! ;-)

You do your thing Candy. We'll always be around when you've caught up babe x

Candy Minx said...

Hey Preacherman...we plan on heading to your house this year!!! Didn't you know you are scheduled for an interview? So is Asterisk.

We just need to find some magic for our European tour...

Gardenia said...

Satisfaction equals organization for me! So I understand. Also thinking back to my multimedia classes, I understand the need to have the catalogs and descriptions. You will be a very happy person not only now, but down the road for it!

I spent the morning in our study, organizing, shredding, making piles to cut and then put in reference albums as well. Only when organized will I feel truly free to create.

So you go, girl, keep it up! Oh yeh - somehow I've never pictured you as a ne're do well, with feet propped up and eating bon bons - the image which popped in my mind makes me smile - - -

Candy Minx said...

Hey Gardenia, wow sounds like you've been busy. I am so distracted when there is something to organize in the house. It's a hassle but it feels good when it's done. I actually had to sort out the cupboards yesterday and my desk drawers before I could get started! The apartment looks really great but I am still up to my neck in tape.

mister anchovy said...

Sometimes I organize my studio to help me organize my thoughts.

Candy Minx said...

Yes, tit does, and I've also known you to be in a similar state...finding things to do or that you feel you HAVE to do before you can go and paint. This is similar..and it's like getting the actual supplies into the studio.

generated by sloganizer.net