Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough


It's all about the dancing.

I'm a wreck and can't believe the news. I'm inconsolable and can hardly see the keyboard right now. Right as Jackson was about to start three years of touring, for a big comeback. I'ma wreck but I am so glad for all my happy memories of being out all night at discoteques dancing to Michael Jackson. The dance floor would always fill up.

I saw Michael Jackson perform in 1984 and it was really one of the best concerts I've ever seen...maybe only rivaled by Prince, Muddy Waters, The Cramps, Alien Sex Fiend, Rosemary Clooney, Madonna, The Clash, Springsteen??? I don't know he was WAY UP THERE for live performance.He is in my top ten best concerts list for sure. I'm so glad I saw him.

"Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" was off his remarkable mindblowing album Off The Wall.

And here is the video that set the standard for music videos when it was a new-born art form...

7 comments:

Underground Baker said...

Hey Candy,

Sorry I couldn't stay on the phone.

Thinin' of you.

Big hug.

Underground Baker said...

that is supposed to say

"thinkin' of you"

xox

Candy Minx said...

Thanks babe. I'm just switching between mtv and news.Rev Al Sharpton pointed out how Jackson had put African Americans into mainstream pop culture way before Tiger, Oprah, and Obama.

I just saw an awesome interview with Prof. Dryson who said how incredibly gifted he was from childhood...how children don't usually continue to be stars and we have hardly seen such a musical history and influence throughout a lifetime since Mozart. Michael idolized and knew the importance of Jackie Wilson...even as a child, of Sammy Davis Jr. Jackson had brought African American traditions into culture...he was the first black performer on mtv! ...I'm trying to find it on YouTube it was really good.

Unknown said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_worldwide

asterisk said...

I'm sure he probably put on a good show, and I imagine 84 was absolutely the best time to see him. He never did much for me, though.

Malcolm said...

Michael's death still seems a little unreal to me. I'm glad that for the most part, people are remembering what's important... Michael's music and performing style. Even though many of his videos are over 20 years old and I've seen them countless times, they haven't lost their freshness.

brassawe said...

Thanks for the entry and the links, Candy. I watched the entire "Thriller" video again after many, many years. My daughters were big fans, and I grew to enjoy it, too. It was a sentimental journey.

generated by sloganizer.net