Friday, February 11, 2011

Hooray!



Tired of moving stones?

Walk away.

Wow, who knew anything as exciting as the Berlin wall coming down, Nelsen Mandela being freed could happen again? I was crying and crying this morning. People got the power!

I'm at a cafe with the silver mafia right now...it seems to be very difficult for older generations to understand how people got the power. So much cynicism...even in the face of todays celebration in Egypt. Some people say poor Israel, poor us we don't know who we will have to deal with as leader of Egypt now. What happens if another dictator enters government in Egypt?

It doesn't matter. Forever we have seen that we can have a voice.

These same negative people believe that Ronald Reagan took down the Berlin wall. No. Rock and roll and word of mouth took down the Berlin wall.

Last night Charlie Rose said a couple of rerally amazing things. He said "The top world is slow and dumb and the bottom world is smart and chaotic"

Wow, isn't that the truth and the generations and people in power who are at the top have not seen that its not the same world they grew up in. Its not fantasy it really is different. The generations who are on the internet and the people in the "bottom world" already know its different. It all sucks. Enough is enough.

Charlie Rose also said " Theres something more important than security"

And the kids in Egypt have sacrificed the concept of "security" in order to speak out. Maybe their houses and stores are being pillaged...maybe a new leader will be worse than Mubarak...but it doesn't matter because letting go of the brainwashing about "security" and taking a risk for fgreedom and to have a voice is worth it.

This willingness to take a risk in order to speak out against oppression is something the "top world" just doesn't get.

Three cheers for the "bottom world"

Now be inspired and go do something amazing in your own life! Get out there sports fans! If you cant do it for your self...do it for those brave kids in Egypt!

Tired of moving stones? Walk away.

5 comments:

S.M. Elliott said...

Good point: Whatever happens from this point on, it was still a success for the people. I am so happy for them! They really had to persevere, and they did.

X. Dell said...

When I saw the pyramid, I thought you'd moved to Egypt.

The transfer of power will be peaceful. And even in a crisis, a change in government should occur unless one lives in a monarchy (and if that's the case, then it should occur NOW). While I understand the Egyptian people need to be able to direct themselves politically, I am somewhat axious as to what will replace the previous government. There are some really pernicious factions that could further destablize that region if installed.

I agree it had to happen. But I'm also watching for what comes next. The reaction I saw on television was at least encouraging.

Greg S. said...

Great post sister Candy! Amen. There seems to be a lot of self-pity in the US right now because of the economic problems, but we should not lose sight of just how exciting the times are and how much opportunity there is. It is a question of priorities.

tweetey30 said...

OFF the topic for a moment check your e-mail sometime today...

Candy Minx said...

S.M. cool its good to "see"you. You know after I posted this I landed up hearing m ore con versations about the events. Its like people dont really get it...I've b een in some pretty con servative, and what we might call ïntolerant"in Canada...areas. I actually had to leave an internet cafe because this group of retired women were worried about the middle east and one of then even said Ï feel sorry for Mubarak". WHAT? Thats like feeling sorry for Hitler. Ör Imelda Marcos. I was so disturbed by her ignorance I had to leave the premises.

X Dell, I've been thinking ab out you a lot lately. You reaLLY INSPIRE ME TO THINK ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY. i LAUGHED WHEN YOU THOUGHT i HAD MOCVED TO eGYPT...BUT...YOU'RE ALSO INTUITIVE. wE HAVE MADE SOME RATHER INTENSE CHANGES THIS WEEK. sEE ABOVE NEW POST ABOUT "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT".

A howdy Brother Greg! Isn't this exciting. I was thinking about you and your family when the stories were breaking this week. So amazing. We;re so lucky to be able to talk about our feelings about politicians, ideas, powermad people, books, movies, life and the whole shebang. The economic situation here is really shocking. When I was in Toronto during winter holidays, its was mindblowing hw\ow many s\mall businesses were thriving, and opening up in Toronto while Chicago seems like a wasteland on the streets. Yes, people are spending here and there, going out...but nothing like it was 3 and 4 years ago. And its dead compared with TO.



Tweetey, this is the first time I've been to my blog since I posted this...I will check my email....I'll get back to you! xxooo

generated by sloganizer.net