Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Beautiful - Christina Aguilara

Okay, well, I think I have finally figured out how to post a video here. This video is dedicated to the folks who posted about how beautiful the volunteers are that I work with at the Outreach soup kitchen.

Red said, "Beautiful people doing something truly remarkable."

Pickled Olives said, "Volunteers are beautiful!

The Underground Baker said, "Great post Candy - the pic of kids doing their 30 hours is pretty funny. Everyone has that beautific look about them."

Felix said "Just such an effort began some years ago in my town, Chattanooga, TN, with a coalition of churches working out of the parish hall of one church. Staffed by volunteers from the participating churches.

That effort morphed into a non-profit with professional staff providing not only food, but health services and coordinating shelter locations around the city. Wonderful stuff, but the zeal and energy in your pictures, Candy, are hard to sustain in the grind of daily coping. Good for those kids, and their mentors."

I love this song by Christina Aguilara, and I think the video is one of the best videos in the whole world!

5 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

It's quite a cute video, isn't it.

I don't mind a bit of Xtina, but I was listening to her Stripped album the other night while cooking, and it's just so full of filler. All filler, no killer. Well, not quite. "Fighter" is one of the best singles in the past five years, and certainly a great feminist anthem. The new "I Will Survive", maybe?

Candy Minx said...

Actually, I don't know the whole album. Of her peers she is the most incredible. If there was ever any war between her and Britney, Xtina wins, what a voice!

I love the song DIRTY, and the video is so good. Directed by the superb David La Chapelle. ( RIZE is one of my fav movies you may recall).

I loved this vidoe, Beautiful, the first time I saw it a couple of years ago. I didn't think too much about it...and I had made a bunch of video tapes for my friends teenage sons who didn't have cable. I felt I had to give them some viseos and be an evil influence on them. I was nearby when they first watched the tapes and when this video came on, and the guys were kissing, one of the boys, 14 said "gross!".

I was very pleased. My work is done I felt...and then I realized, these are very liberal children from a very political family...and yet, here Xtina had still managed to be shocking and confrontational and touch a nerve still raw even in a forward thinking family! It gave the video a stronger life for me.

Yes, I think it is very cute too, and I love the poor dejected goth boy...at the back of the bus..oh yes, I remember that feeling back in the day...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed a smile :-)

Buttercup said...

How did you post the video? I've been trying on you tube but have not been able to figure it out yet. Anyway, I'm impressed. :)

Have you heard "Tell Me" with xtina and diddy? Awesome.

* (asterisk) said...

"Dirrty" is great, too. I really like the cadence of the lyrics, the way the lines flow into one another.

And you're so right about Britney v Xtina. Althought, for a few minutes there, way back at the beginning of their careers, I think Britney had the edge.

Cool story about the videos for your friends' kids. We did a similar thing with Red's niece, taping stuff off the rong channel Kerrang! Things like "Tribute" by Tenacious D and some Foo Fighters stuff etc.

generated by sloganizer.net