Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Xmas Eve




Christmas Eve was a mild crisp afternoon and we spent it at our friends Jason and Mike's party. Isn't this view incredible?

Jason and Mike, the hosts extrodinaire. They cooked everything, perogies in bacon and onions, southern baked cabbage, ham, caviar and eggs, meatballs, just entre after entre. Really beautiful. They had composed a drink menu and I chose brandied cherries in champagne. Lovely!
The view from the master bedroom. It's beautiful at night.
Look, Santa had little stocking for everyone lined up on the shelf!
Mike and Rick...and eggnog made from scratch!
Izzo, allen, Stagg and Rick enjoying the feast.
Izzo and Alelen. Izzo is an urban monster, artist and art promoter, and a very good dance partner. Allen is a performance artist and very funny person.
This was the best ham I've eaten in years. All the food was spectacular!
Mauro, who made the most delicious Chicken Parmesean. He and I had a super fun conversation about cooking, Top Chef (he is also a believer, we love the Top Chef!) and ingredients. Mauro is a foodie, and had so many tips and experiences of where to find fabulous food around Chicago. I look forward to tracking down his suggestions of places to get butter, meat and perfect produce. I was so pleased to meet him, he is absolutely charming.


Izzo and Stagg!
Rick and Mike and the ever needed Christmas camera instructions. Of course immediately my batteries konked out, but Mike set me up with some more, a perfect host.

Allen and Joey!
Candy loves Stagg!

10 comments:

thehealingroom said...

wow, Candy you look Gorgeous!!
Looks like alot of fun.
I love entertaining with people that love food.

Amy Ruttan said...

Food looks yummy! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. My place is covered in toys and wrapping paper. I'm so lazy.

mister anchovy said...

great pics!....and great talking to you and Stagg today!!!

* (asterisk) said...

Looks like a cool Christmas party. How could it be anything less with you guys there.

Anonymous said...

the view IS amazing! Sounds like you had a GREAT time!!!

Wandering Coyote said...

Looks like a great time, and yes, that is a great view. I've been to Chicago twice and thought it was a pretty nice city. I love the lakefront.

Red said...

When I first saw the view, I thought Martha's Vineyard or somewhere like that. I never imagined a Chicago panorama would yield such beautifully open spaces... awesome!

Ah, food and good friends. What better way to spend Christmas, eh? And you and the Stagg-man look so cosy and lovely!

Underground Baker said...

That view of the water and sky seems surreal.
I should have looked at this post on the 24, I would have felt like I was spending the day with you!

Anonymous said...

so jealous of your view!

*millie
http://nycentertainmentaddict.blogspot.com

Gardenia said...

Ah, another lovely post - the pics are wonderful - looks like such a fun party/gathering. I enjoyed seeing yours & Stagg's pic also - to connect your writings with your physical presence -

generated by sloganizer.net