Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holiday Tag

Red just tagged me with a book quest. She got the tag from Pickled Olives who was reading Amy Tan novel. This is a book tag. Red (whose book was a travel guide to Yucatan)tagged me, Karen and Tanya

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
4. Name of the book and the author
5. Tag three people

For one of my online book clubs Constant Reader we are just about to read Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger for the month of January. I just pulled it off the shelf yesterday and had it here beside me on the computer by coincidence. So here is what is on page 123....

Franny now lay sleeping on her left side, facing into the back of the couch and the wall, her chin just grazing one of the several toss pillows all around her. Her mouth was closed, but only just. Her right hand, however, on the coverlet, was not merely closed but shut tight; the fingers were clenched, the thumb tucked in- it was as though at twenty, she had checked back into the mute, fisty defenses of the nursery. And here at the couch, it should be mentioned, the sun, for all its ungraciousness to the rest of the room, was behaving beautifully.

I tag The Healing Room, Wandering Coyote and Mister Anchovy

5 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I'm trying this comment for the second time.....the first one went out into the ether somewhere (??)

The closest book to me is the Flyfisher's Guide to Yellowstone National Park, by my friend Ken Retallic.

"In early summer, good-sized brown trout take up feeding lies at the outlet of Lewis Lake and in downstream shelter areas for about a half mile of the river's upper run. The trout lie in wait for caddis, midges, and Callibaetis and other mayfly spinners flushed out of the lake. the short canyon above the waterfall also produces a prolific overlapping hatch of Small Dark Stoneflies, Golden Stones, and Little Yellow Stones around the Fourth of July."

Sorry I don't tag people....it reminds me of chain letters.

Wandering Coyote said...

The closest book to me is the phonebook! Page 123 contains the W section for the city of Nelson, BC.

The three entries after the 5th are:

Weger, Ward
Weight Watchers
Welland, G & D

mister anchovy said...

Bravo WC!

Anonymous said...

I am so humbled WC!!! You rock! You totaled even the fishing book y Mr A, nice work!

I may never ever tag someone ever again.

:)

* (asterisk) said...

Mine's over at my blog, but my p.123 only had six sentences total...

generated by sloganizer.net