Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Housework

I've got to do something about the chaos around here. Yes, that is a magenta disco tree next to the computer. In a fit of madness last night I bought it. It has silver stars dangling from it. We had to go to a corporate book store last night because I was determined to get a particular book for our friend Jim last night. The store was open till midnight. Stagg and I shouldn't be allowed to shop at midnight when we both have sleep dep. He has slept through his alarm for several days now. No other neighbourhood book stores had this particular rock and roll American music book. It might help if I actually managed to take the garbage out. We keep making more garbage I feel like the Jeffery Dahmer of nature. My house is a mess. I am a bad person. Hey, that's Cappy's blog on the computer. Look, we have booze just sitting on the kitchen table. Ambulance.

My studio looks like some kind of a nightmare. When am I going to get in there and tidy it up? Hmmm...I walked over there the other day, and all that paper for collage on the floor is extremely slippery. I took a hell of a header the other day. Just right bailed.
That's a bag of gifts and booze to go to Stagg's parents tomorrow. The note taped to the bag says Don't forget COOKIES in freezer. I am making Thimble Cookies, right now to send over, in those tins right there on the floor in front of the book shelf. I don't know why I have the tins on the floor like that. The stuff on top of the shelves is all "to do" stuff. Like a bag of batteries to take to the Toxic Waste Depot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Thank you for this little window inside your apartment and life, Candy.

What's the big brown velvety/satin-y thing on the left-hand side of the top picture? Looks like a big Victorian skirt, but I doubt it somehow (although it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you had Victorian costumes in the house!).

(Wherever I have commented today, I have been asked for a username and a password. Well, I'll be damned if I remember either! But it's me, your friendly neighbourhood Red!)

Anonymous said...

Cool - I'm in tomorrow baking Hungarian Cheese puffs and shortbreads. Call the fire department, my home baking isn't complete without the burning smell of my baking in the stove.

tuffyp

Candy Minx said...

Hi Red, the big brown fabric is a winter coat friends gave me when I was heading here for the Chicago winter. I almost never use it it, one I hardly wear brown, and two, the winter was mostly mild...but I needed it last week. -5c or so. Are you having trouble posting comments here Red? Mister Anchovy just e-mailed me saying I have a problem with my comments...

Tuffy P, you managed to get on ehre and comment ok. Yes, I was baking up a storm. I think today was the last day of getting ready for holidays. After grocery shopping tonight, we watched The Grinch. I love Hungarian cheese puffs, send me a recipe!

Anonymous said...

I can comment just fine if I click "Other", but I know * is having trouble...

Anonymous said...

Candy - my baking went off the deep end, made a mistake and bought whole wheat flour - so my gingerbread toblerone cookies are kind a wood -chippy! xxx wholewheattuffy

Candy Minx said...

Oh yeah, Tuffy P, down with whole weat flour..there isn't any more nutritional value to speak of in whole wheat. Maybe a trace more fiber. But forget about the whole wheat. Yuck! Too bad.

It sounds like a really good mix though gingerbread and toblerone yum. Are you going to make a new batch or just fly with the wood chip sensation?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Anchovy loves the cookies! They actually have a very complex flavour with the ginger, cinnamon, allspice, molasses and toblerone with whole wheat. Probably if I put in lamb shanks they would be fine too!

We watched the new top chefs. But #3-4 tape was blank. Marcel's hair is very Burger King-y. Thanks for sending them! Hi & hugs to you and Stagg!!
xx tuffy (hey I'm looking below and the word verification thing is gone on the comments.... hope this comment will stick. ) Weird, it just came on when I went to publish the comment, It has a wheel chair logo too now.. how do you do that? Ok I'll try to publish again.

generated by sloganizer.net