Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Night Lights


These pictures may not look like much, but if you click on them to make them larger, there are a few details captured in the dark. This is the same bridge, with a wreath on it, where I took photos last week of the guys playing buckets. Gardenia, Red and * that is the Chicago Tribune again in the background. Is that guy in the car waving at me?
Weaving through these tree light sculptures are two train sets and little villages. I loved this circus setting. There were booths with hundreds and hundreds of ornaments, plus hot drinks and snacks and tons of people were sitting outside visiting. I was so impressed, I couldn't believe the downtown was so alive with people on a week night.

A woman was walking next to us talking on her cell phone. She was trying to hook up with someone and was describing where she was in the area. She says" Well, there's a Harris Bank across the street". I'm like, to Stagg, how about the HUGE fricking Christmas tree? (30 feet high) That might be a landmark? Meanwhile, Stagg is telling me, that's not one tree, they use several dozen trees to make it look like one huge one. I give him a look. What are you gonna tell me next, there is no Santa?
Um, there is a Picasso sculpture in there, oops. Too dark in this photo, but it looked great in amongst all the holiday decorations and lights. Right between the tree and the Oriental Theatre sign. (where Wicked is playing).
Stagg is sending some of his mail art out. No it's not a Christmas gift, it's mail art. How funny are we mailing anything this time of year? I didn't manage to get a picture of all three I was like, move in Stagg move in! But there is his funky package.

2 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

Very seasonal! Cool to see the Trib building, and to see Stagg at the UPS place (or whatever it is).

You guys are so busy, rushing around doing stuff. Wow...

Candy Minx said...

Heh heh...yes The Tribune is a wicked building isn't it. Downtwon at night is stunning and I should try to find some photos taken by a more efficent camera. It's like living in Batman or Dick Tracy 24/7.

Yes, Stagg and I are like sharks...always moving. I e-mailed you about how tired we were last week...so it catches up to us sometimes. Right now, I just can't wait for Boxing Day...I plan on lying on the floor watching dvds ALL DAY!!!!

generated by sloganizer.net