Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Joan Of Arc, Lady Of The Flies



The Hunger Games is a really good kids movie. If you've loved sci-fi movies like "Logan's Run", "Bladerunner", "A Clockwork Orange"...this movie is going to be too soft on social commentary for you. But it doesn't back down from the very scary premise it sets forth in the first few moments. The movie really came alive for me after about 45 minutes into it...but I realized its not made for avid sci-fi fans like myself. Its for a new generation of kids. I just wish it had a bit more edge. I wonder how many young people and young adults will question the entertainment world of The Hunger Games which is basically "survivor-meets-american-idol-meets-the-bachelor" ? The idea that entertainment keeps us the slaves of the rich is good though. Timeless, right? I really liked this movie and I think its a great movie for kids to talk about but it really was best when it hit the pace of "The Lord of The Flies". The actress Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I am very glad to see a huge popular movie with a female lead! I thought all the actors were really good and well cast. The best part of the movie was when it felt like Joan of Arc and Lady of The Flies. The scenes of "the future" weren't edgy enough for me.

3 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I've heard a few people including a couple reviews declare this a good movie. I just can't imagine going out to see this one though. (and I'm not against kids' movies...I loved Hugo)

Anonymous said...

I saw Battle Royale; ergo, no need to watch this :)

* (asterisk)

Candy Minx said...

Mister Anchovy, Its a terrific movie. If you know someone between 12 and 17 I would highly recommend it. But I don't think it's for you.

Asterisk, ah yes, well stories are made out of stories ya know. Battle Royale is a juicy one.

generated by sloganizer.net