Thursday, April 05, 2012

Around The House





I sure do love Stagg...we have a neighbour who gives us read and Stagg does errands for her. So...we had all this bread going stale so I made him a bread pudding. I'm not too into bread so I sure do love him. We learned this particular recipe when we took a cooking demonstration in New Orleans with Tuffy P and Mister Anchovy in 2007. It was fun to be able to make it using the stale bread. It came out marvelous tons of cinnamon!

I love tacos. I remember the first time i had tacos. it was a revelation. I was with my best friend and our high school friends. I was about 15 or 16 years old. I thought it was the greatest food I had ever tasted. We were on Vancouver Island.

We got the fire pit up and running. It took a bit to get back into the swing of the charcoal and fire wood..and the wind! But we're working it out. Stagg had also saved up tree refuse he found in the alleys over the winter. We also burned junk mail instead of buying a papershredder. We had hot dogs. Yum!

5 comments:

thehealingroom said...

Wow, great Photos! I love the colours in the kitchen table area.
And is so sweet to read about the taco story. I love you Candy!

Candy Minx said...

Ah...do you remember that night Healing Room? Oh god I'm trying to remember the names of our friends....Zane was there and then John who I forgot his last name...but that was the night he said "fuck am I bunned" and we died laughing...

Everytime I have taco night I think about that night having them for the first time!

xxxooo

Bloggerboy said...

You may laugh, but I thought the fire pit was something you had to dig a big hole in your yard for, maybe something that would have had a spit on it for roasting whole hogs, ready for pagan rituals and all. hee hee.

Gardenia said...

Gorgeous Decor!!!! Oh, if I win the lotto, I will fly you both back to redecorate for me!!!! The bread pudding looks delicious - I try to hold back on bread too - but sometimes a bread pudding or huge homemade roll is just the thing!!!!! Firepits are quite popular down here.

Anonymous said...

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your
favorite justification seemed to be at the web the easiest
thing to remember of. I say to you, I certainly
get annoyed while people think about concerns that they just
don't know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Feel free to visit my webpage ... go there

generated by sloganizer.net