Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sketches And Auditions

 I am still conducting a couple of auditions this weekend. Last week we met with actors in a somewhat formal atmosphere. This weekend I'm meeting with three actors who were not available this week and we are going to meet in coffee shops. Sometimes, with independent film you've got to do things outside the norm...accommodating people who support their art work, acting and music with "real jobs" means meeting up when ever we can.
 I've done a few sketches to think about wardrobe and the characters. I also search around for photos of clothes that might represent a character. For example in the sketch above the character is wear a Ferrari Jacket and here is a photo of such a jacket. I just keep building a file of images and notes.

 Here is another actor I auditioned this week. And below is a sketch because once I met her...her energy started to inspire me to think of her clothes.

 And another example of looking at an actor, their body type and sketching quick ideas.

3 comments:

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

That is cool what you are doing. I miss you dearly.. I wish we could make a trip to Chicago to the Zoo but right now our car and other things wont let us. Hope all is well otherwise. Tell Stagg we said hi and miss him too.

X. Dell said...

Interesting. I'm wondering if part of your casting decisions might rest on how you see an actor in costume--which, of course, is a viable means of establishing a character.

Candy Minx said...

Tweety I really must get out to your place!!!

I am fully at peace and happy when in film production...and I should probably write a whole post about that lol

X in this situation of a short film with experimental narrative...I think being influenced by an actors persona is natural. I do have specific direction for the actors. But what happened with one audition was her energy was quite animated and I began to day dream about that quality. Instead of getting her to a
Ter that energy I started thinking how I could use it for a character and her costume. And I think it's going to be a gret adaptation.

generated by sloganizer.net