Friday, December 29, 2006

Hold On Nelly, We're Headed For The Watermellon Patch!

Oh my god!!!

I was just tidying up my template and linking some "greatest hits" when look what I found under the David Moos interview!

Anonymous said...
I own a private gallery- ACA Gallery, art can change the world website.
I took on the financial responsibility to make art accessible plus an incubator for art and social change. Okay- heres the challenge- I have the place available to help out- my mandate no funding so whoever is interested in setting up or volunteering drop me a line through my website.
Talk is cheap- lets get out and do something.

Carol Mark
ACAGallery
art can change the world


Here is her website...Her gallery is located at Jarvis and Queen which is a rocking location...I'm going to phone Carol Mark right now, but I have NO IDEA when she posted this comment...I feel terrible...but doesn't she have super feisty attitude, I think I like her already.

As far as a drop-in visual literacy or art program goes, I've had some fantastic responses within churh organizations. How strange is that folks? I mean, a gallery like the AGO you would have thought if only for the media attention would have hugged and kissed me and thanked me for such a good outreach program. But in amongst the homeless, downtrodden, beat dejected, fucked up, lost, struggling and most of all...compassionate has shown a willingness to get somethign GOING! The Outreach program where I work has shown complete interest in setting up an arts program. I have appontments with art supply stores to donate paints, good paints! And canvas. So what a great storm of inspiration to find this comment today from a gallery in Toronto.

Okay...I'm going to go contact Carol Mark right now, I'll let you know how it goes...

7 comments:

Gardenia said...

I'M SO EXCITED! It goes to show, dream, and wait for opportunity to show! WOW! And if you can bring art back into the church - well, that makes me want to weep!

Janet said...

Good luck! I hope it went well!!!

mister anchovy said...

keep us posted Candy...

Cherryl said...

go candy! it's your birthday! lol!

* (asterisk) said...

Excellent, Candy. Can't wait to hear what happens!

thehealingroom said...

Sounds like a great place.
I can't wait to hear about your visit.

Amy Ruttan said...

FINALLY Blogger will let me post.

Can't wait to hear what happens with The AGO (love that museum btw).

As a teen (I grew up near down town TO), that was one of my favorite places to go. I saw THE SCREAM when it came and the Impressionists exhibit. Very awesome place. I have spent many hours there, while other teenagers were out at the movies or shopping. Of course that was a decade ago ... man I'm getting old.

generated by sloganizer.net