Friday, June 01, 2007

Hello. Pirate.

How could I resist. Produced by Mark Burnett of Survivor and with PIRATES! In the first few minutes, I was like, what did they do....walk into a nightclub and sign up folks for a tv show? This could also be called "Pirate Ravers". What is really cool...is they are somewhere absolutely gorgeous and all had to have training in sailing. NO WAY! I want on this show so fucking badly. What swearing shocks you? Excuse me. PIRATE.
A combo of Amazing Race, Survivor and Johnny Depp the crew must run the ship, hunt for treasure (last night one guy got 20,000 bucks of swag) and adhere to the pirate codes. I was sipping a glass of wine when the occupation of a swarthy hottie comes on screen. "Scientist slash exotic dancer". I spit my red wine all over my white tee. So far as editing has revealed this is the most unlikable but bizarre group of partyanimals...but with the dividing up of chores, a shocking election of a Captain and the combo of T&A with dreadlocks...well I'm hooked. Hey, I bet Fond Of Beach is watching this too. I bet you guys didn't know one of my secret talents is sailing. I can ski too.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I was going to check this out but completely forgot about it. Somehow, after reading your review, I'm glad I did. It seemed promising but now sounds missable.

Candy Minx said...

I guess I like the theme and some of the rules. It's different than Survivor because there are rules like whatever treasure the crew finds...half fgoes to the Captain, the next half to the mates...and then the crew divides the rest. This is going to make for a whole new dynamic in the game theory of John Nash's. The cast is hilarious...I'm sorry if I made them sound missable. (not exactly likeable...but who knows what they leave out in editing ya know...but hilarious)

Red said...

Ooh, I can't wait till we get our dirty mitts on this! Thank you, Zia Candy!

* (asterisk) said...

I think it sounds well rad! Pirates are cool. Like ninjas.

Janet said...

As much as I love pirates, I don't care for reality shows and so didn't even think of watching it. But you made it sound so interesting, I think I'll check it out!

generated by sloganizer.net