Thursday, February 04, 2010

Whoosh thisweekwentbyfast....

So fast no time to blog. Last night I got to be be a Lesbian Wife and Mother. My friend J and I are doing a cooking demonstration this week at a community centre for LBGT in association with a huge trendy grocery store. So last night after school we took her and her two kids grocery shopping for all the food we need with a nice juicy budget to feed about 20 people. We each had a shopping cart, one with a one year old and one with a three year old. We immediately started a riff that we were on Top Chef but with kids and what would we do? Use part of our budget to get a clerk to watch the kids? Well we did it with the kids and we had a blast. After we bought 8 of the hugest two-inch grass fed steaks blowing a large part of our budget which included vegan sugar (regular sugar is sometimes cut with bones so it stays separated in grains) I said, "gee, the butchers must be in shock seeing lesbians buy so much meat, yet with vegan sugar" My friend said usually when she is out with her straight friends and the kids they get frustrated because all the guys think they are gay and it busts their image. Meanwhile I totally got into it. Her kids are delightful and I'm so glad to have such a fun and funny friend. We looking forward to our cooking demonstration tonight. Should be a blast.

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

You played the roll of a lesbian mother and vegan who eats steak?

It's probably as well I'm sober!!!!

Candy Minx said...

Hee hee...Well, you know when you're shopping with your gay friend and her kids, in a gay neighbourhood, people naturally assume. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Awww... I miss you two!

-andy

generated by sloganizer.net