Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hunger Walk

 I got up this morning at 5:30 to participate in a  huge fundraising walk for food pantries, and servies for homeless and struggling families. There were thousands of people and we had beautiful weather. Our friend Tony, who is in the band Yellow Jacket, and works in the West Side met up with me. I helped his group serve hotdogs to the people who had done the walk too.

 Here is Tony!
 And here is what we cooked up 200+ hotdogs and vegie burgers on=his home bbq! These are bbq bad boys!
After the event we took back the supplies to the shelter and Hey... Oh look...there is Tony's desk with a painting by Stagg. And there is the banner I painted for "Breakthough Urban Ministries" a couple years ago. (Stagg did the food illustration)

1 comment:

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

That is awsome. I dont know if I could get up that early. But glad you did and had fun doing it.

generated by sloganizer.net