Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Promo

 I mentioned on a recent episode that I had a documentary I have been working on for 10 years...and I said I would share it...so here it is...

Connecting to others on the internet makes you feel more connected.     After ten years of full time participation in two literary web boards where the participants discussed, often passionately arguing, the nature of reality, the meaning of storytelling and the intent of various authors, film makers, or poets and how to cook the perfect dinner I decided to meet the characters on the other side of my computer screen. For real.   I set out to cross North America, half a dozen cities in Europe and track down one photographer in India to match the faces to the opinions of the feisty forum participants of the official Cormac McCarthy Society, the web board called "Constant Reader" and a dozen bloggers I had spent innumerable hours with online. Who were these thoughtful, contraire opinionated people and why did we find so much to talk about? Who were they in real life and how had the internet affected their lives?   Social and moral critics often predicted negative and unsavoury effects due to the mass adoption of the internet with fears of stalkers to dulled brains to conspiracy theorists and fake news and I have found some of those things but I’ve also found some great cerebral companions.   To date I have met and interviewed almost 40 people, including anthropologist Grant McCracken (who I met blogging) cultural theorist John Vanderheide (who I met on McCarthy forum) survived a stalker, and have travelled 7,000 miles, 5200 by land, 14 cities, and have collected about 17 hours of tape. If you would like to contribute to my production please visit my Patreon page. And thank you for your interest.

My Patreon page to donate, click here




No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net