Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Circles and Return Visits


I almost didn't want to go into the Guggenheim this time around as the feature artist was Louise Borgeoiuse and I like her well enough but not that much...but we decided to visit the retrospective and permanent collection and I am so glad we did. I got a whole new perspective on her work and really enjoyed the show...as well as the exhibit of permanent art. We got to the gallery early and I thought it was so cool they had the store and cafe already open. Good business sense! Here is Stagg just before his morning coffee outside the famous Frank Llyod Wright building...

We had such a good visit with one of my fellow participants at the Cormac McCarthy Forum, Ken, that we met again for lucnch. I got mixed up and jumped on a subway train without double checking what train it was...erg, wrong train, had to double back, so we were late...but we had a lovely afternoon. Here we are on a patio on Avenue C.

Vancouver, maybe all of Canada, does not have "sliders" originally created by White Castle fast food chain. Sliders are tiny hamburgers so we ordered up a bunch last night when we met my brother in law (again!) this time in NYC! We met late last night for refreshments. I realize the pic is dark, but if you look close you can see the "scale" and tiny burger inthe pic...compare to Greg's head size...

Rich is a friend through my brother in law, who met him in DC, from Vanocuver, who joined Greg in New York. It was a lot of fun to get together last night with familiar faces in NYC. They had seen a French restaurant earlier in the day and we drove around in a taxi looking for it for about 45 minutes...it was hilarious. We didn't find it but dod find a great patio on Park Ave called Redemption and enjoyed the late evening cool air and company.

1 comment:

tweetey30 said...

Sounds like so much fun.. When do you guys come back to Chicago?? Or the near vacinity?? I think I spelled that right..

generated by sloganizer.net