Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Beautiful Day



I watched the Diane Sawyer interview with Congresswoman Gifford. Wow what an incredible story and her recovery has really been from music. the brain can remember words through music. Above is a really great video of her husband astronaut Mark Kelly giving her a message and greeting before a U2 performance of one of Giffords favourite songs "A Beautiful Day", And Kelly also quotes a David Bowie song. I felt pretty verklempt and thought about my daughter and also a friend of mine who loved Bowie. Michael passed away 20 years ago...but i couldn't help think how much he would have been into this recovery story, and how U2 and Bowie were part of the story and her recovery.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

"Optimism is a form of healing. Hope is a form of love" Mark Kelly.

3 comments:

brassawe said...

I like this couple. I like this couple a lot.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I "U-Tubed" the great Ornette Coleman...who put quality ahead of music sometimes within his life.....we are all the better FROM MUSIC..I know first hand how it has helped me- I WANT MUSIC TO HEAL ALL IN THIS WORLD !!! NOW N" IN OUR FUTURE !!!!

STAGG

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Ornette Coleman. Here's a band carrying on in that same vein. Very provocative and brave music...


-Bugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piuq8KH6FUc

generated by sloganizer.net