Friday, October 09, 2009

Anne Frank In Archival Footage



Oh what a beautiful piece of film. Thank you to a friend in Alberta who sent me this today. Anne Frank can be seen on a little balcony above the street watching a newly married pair of neighbours walk out into the street. I am so amazed...look how vibrant the street is and busy and full of life. The date is July 22, 1941. It's so incredible to see the life force and people moving so freely in the Amsterdam street. It's impossible and heart breaking to me to imagine how different things will be in such a short time in the future from this very moment.

This video can be found at the official Anne Frank YouTube page. Isn't YouTube AWESOME!?

5 comments:

L.M. said...

Read "Anne Frank Remembered" by Miep Gies, one of the hiders. (if you haven't already) She's still alive and a hundred years old now.

DILLIGAF said...

A real heroine. You ever seen the old movie "The Diary Of Anne Frank"?

Classic.

Why the fuck is humanity - sometimes - so incredibly cruel and vicious?

Apparently we all have the capability to be inhumane.

Maybe so. I'd like to think I'd struggle to be so.

I hope to christ I would.

Candy Minx said...

L.M. I've read a lot of Anne Frank material but not that book. I'll look for it though.

4 Dinners, you are one of the good guys. I do know that classic movie of Anne Frank, it was a major movie for me when I was a kid.

Bloggerboy said...

Definitely check out the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam if you are ever there. The lines are long, but the wait is worth every minute. The cafe in the house is great, too.

L.M. said...

I went through the house in 1996. All through the tour I repeated to myself: "I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry."

The water works turned on automatically at the sight of her diary at the end of the tour.

(Miep Gies is a true hero, so do read her book)

generated by sloganizer.net