Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back Alley Style


Visitors and friends know...I don't buy very many new things. I sure as hell am not buying a new cabinet for our tv...and guess what? We needed one and we found one in the garbage in our alley. We have awesome garbage in our alley partly because we have a reclaiming company behind us who finds facades and huge building material refuge and sells it to architects and designers. They have great garbage. We also live in a busy apartment building with people coming and goigng so often there are chairs and clothes thrown away when people move out or in. We founf this low-slung tv table whoo hoo!

Yes I know we have archaic electronic equipment. Listen...we do the best we can. And yes, I still play my records. In fact the other night I had a hankering to play ABC's "When Smokey Sings"...here it is...

5 comments:

L.M. said...

Those back-up singers were exquisite.

cappy/barnsley sime said...

whoa! i played this on my shopw on sunday! thats spooky.
(it was a request from 4 Dinners)

Gardenia said...

Love your table! And the backup singers outfits in the video.

Re: Table and older electronics - I'm convinced we need to live more responsibly - my daughter has this HUGE marvelous TV - but not for this house - when I think about it, neighbors could even share washers and dryers - I'm in a frugal mode! Have been looking for a special cabinet - and not in the stores!

Malcolm said...

Wow, I haven't heard "When Smokey Sings" in awhile. This was a great way to start out my Friday... thanks!

inkcasualty said...

I listen to THE LEXICON OF LOVE all of the time though I must confess to having the CD which is right up there with vinyl and 8 Tracks these days

generated by sloganizer.net