Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Living Welll!!!

Cliff and Cathy Dinners

I am so into this couple's blog. It's such a funny thing about reading blogs...there are good ones and lame ones. And I think the best blogs are ones that are a focus of peoples hobbies and passions. The diary style blogs just don't grab me. Sheesh, I wouldn't even read my own diary, nevermind a strangers, heh heh. I love cooking blogs, they make so much sense. It's a chronicle but it's also practical..and of course my food fetish is served so well!

This couple really know how to eat! I have read their entire archives and think they are a riot of cooking and yummy wine adventures. They also remind me of all my friends who also love to eat and drink. I had to add them as a permanent link here I get so much happiness out of reading their blog and seeing their beautiful presentations and their home atmosphere. It's such an organic experience to visit their site.

Below is a mac and cheese recipe they have used...wow!

Macaroni and Cheese from Paris Bistro Cooking by Linda Dannenberg.

This is the BEST Mac and cheese recipe we have ever had! We make it several times per year.

Gratin de Macaroni a l’Ancienne
(Old-fashioned Baked Macaroni)


12 oz Elbow Macaroni
7 oz Prosciutto cut in Strips
3 oz blanched bacon
1 ¼ Cups Crème Fraiche
Salt and Fresh ground black pepper
6 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 ½ cup Grated Gruyere Cheese

Preheat the oven to 425

Cook the macaroni in salted boiling water until still quite firm.
Drain. Mix the macaroni with the prosciutto, bacon, crème fraiche, and milk and adjust the seasoning. Add about ½ cup of the grated Gruyere.

Spread in a buttered shallow ovenproof glass or earthenware casserole.
Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top.

Bake for 25 minutes, until the cheese is browned on tap and liquid is completely absorbed. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $2,570 in a week from an initial investment of just $200. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.Whatsapp: (+447883246472 )
Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

generated by sloganizer.net