Thursday, November 09, 2006

13 Things about Lost, Week # 14.

1) When flashbacks of Echos took place in the church, several people entered or left the confessional and the church, but no one crossed themselves.

2) Sawyer seems to be a book worm. A totally hot book worm.

3) The smoke monster that kills people sounds like the gears to a roller coaster.

4)Marketing lessons and Lost.

5) Manichean storylines. Manichean is a tradition in literature exploring dualistic contrasts in personality. Like film noir, bad guys with hearts of gold or high morality. Good guys who commit petty crimes to acheive their goals, or practice immoral habits. The conflicts between opposing philosophies often manifested in characters motives and beliefs.

6) A Manichean creation myth

7) The Third Policeman featured a significant focus in an episode.

8) A quote from the novel The Third Policeman:

"The gross and net result of it is that people who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles."

9) Tesseract, a time travel device used in the novel A Wrinkle IN Time.

10) No fans have seemed to figure out the significance of these numbers. 4 8 15 16 23 42, although 42 is the answer to the meaning of life in Douglas Adams Hitchhikers series.

11)Authors discussed in Lost: Dickens, Hemingway, Stephen King

12) Books mentioned or read in Lost: A Wrinkle In Time, Watership Down, The Third Policeman, Are You There God, It's Margeret, King Josiah, 23 Psalm, The Brothers Karamazov. The camera falls on these books: Heart of Darkness, Lord of the Flies, Turn of the Screw, An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge and Lancelot(both by the philosopher and moralist Walker Percy. Character Henry Gale's name is the uncle in Wiz of Oz.

13 Who is hotter? Said, Sun, Jack or Sawyer?

13 comments:

Carmen said...

A. Um, yes, Sawyer is HOTT
B. I'm so pissed at how addicted I am to this show
C. I was so excited to see Nathan Fillion as the policeman last night. He stared in Firefly and was the bad guy on Buffy's last season. and also HOTT!

Anonymous said...

for me, in this order: Sawyer, Sun, Sayid, Jack

Tanya said...

I've never been able to get addicted to Lost - maybe because I've only watched half an episode. And when people started talking about polar bears in the tropics I just had to shake my head and walk away. It does mean I'm out of the loop - a lot!

Happy Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Alas the human wasn't around when Lost first started and could never figure out that later stages of the show. Generally she's into stuff like that.

Darla said...

Oh, geez. When it first started on TV, the family tried to get me to watch, and I was unimpressed. Then we got the DVDs and I started watching from the beginning, in order, without interruptions. Totally hooked now. Except that it'll be about a year before I can see season 3. *whimper*

And the question? Sayid. Yum.

Shep said...

Yeah I'm generally addicted after being fashionably detatched from the whole thing at the beginning.

Loved the cliffhanger this week...but do I really have to wait til February until it comes back. I mean...seriously...

I read the tie-in novel Bad Twin. It was shit. And had nothing to do with Lost, apart from a couple of mentions of Dharma. Rip off.

Hottest? Girl: Juliet. By far. Wasn't she in ER for a bit? Boy: Henry Gale/Ben. Perhaps not hot but at least unpredictable...(I have a rubbish gay thinking hat)

Tug said...

This is one show I've just never gotten into, as much as I've tried. But there ARE some hot guys there!!

Candy Minx said...

Wow, it seems all the ladies like the bad boy best. I remember when I saw the English Patient, that the entire female audience moaned when the actor Naveen Andrews(Sayid) let down his hair to wash it, it was hilarious.

Darla, I think the best way to watch the show is by dvd all at once, it's easier to follow and absorb. Don't worry about waiting for the dvd to come out Lost has a bizarre shooting schedule we all have to wait it feels like.

Shep, you're so funny, Gale? Sexy? I see you have a soft spot for the others in general, even Juliet? I think she may have been on ER. Too bad about the tie-in book. No Laura Palmer's Diary huh? Glad I didn't buy it then. The main reason the show is being held off until Febuary is because in the past seasons, hey played four episodes, then there would be re-runs for six weeks and too many viewers lost track of its airing. They are going to follow the format of FOX series because it's easier on keeping track of the storyline and tv night. It takes a long time to make each episode so they have a limited number per season, this way we aren't stuck with repeated re-runs then the new one comes out and potential for missing it.

Shep said...

Butbutbutbut...I want new ones. And double ones. They don't fuck with Jack Bauer this way (mind you, they wouldn't dare...)

Wandering Coyote said...

They're pretty much all hot. I love Jack, though, because I was a huge Party of Five fan. Sawyer is hot but he's looking a little grubby and he doesn't do grubby like Viggo did in LOTR. As you know, I watch this show but haven't seen seasons 1 or 2. There is so much irony on LOST, too. You see it all the time. Jack helps Kate and Sawyer escape but doesn't know they're on an island, but they do. The Korean guy kills the man his wife is having an affair with but doesn't know the man had the affair with wife, but the man thinks that's why he's being attacked. Etc.

thehealingroom said...

Who's hot?

I'm all about Locke. Not his flash back character but his hunter/jungle man reborn character. Yes!

Next in line is the Scotish Desmond!

Candy Minx said...

Wow, Healing Room, thats so funny, I hadn't condsidered either of those guys hot. So funny.

And the answer for me who is hotter? I love Jack from the tv show Party of Five just like Wandering Coyote...but that Sawyer OUCH!!! Love the Sawyer, plus, he's a bookworm!

BlondeBrony said...

I love Lost.
Thanks for stopping by.

generated by sloganizer.net